Whitman, Requardt and Associates, LLP Senior Traffic Engineer in York, Pennsylvania
At Whitman, Requardt & Associates, LLP, we are "People Focused and Project Driven". We have been in business for more than 105 years and we are known for our quality work and quality employees. This is your chance to join our team - help us to design the infrastructure and buildings that improve the world!
We are currently seeking a Senior Traffic Engineer to join the Traffic Engineering Group in our office in York,Pennsylvania. Assignments may include work with our traffic engineering analysis or design teams. The traffic engineering analysis teams perform operational analyses, identify and develop creative technical solutions, and prepare technical reports and presentations. The traffic engineering design teams prepare contract documents for traffic signals, signing, markings, maintenance of traffic, and ITS devices.
Our Traffic Department works on projects within the mid-Atlantic region (PA, MD, DE, VA) as well as nationally. Our traffic work is challenging, interesting, and in many cases, on the leading edge of traffic engineering applications in the industry. Our senior traffic engineers are responsible for the design and management of projects that involve traffic signals, signing, markings, roadway/parking lot lighting, work zone traffic control, and ITS devices; conduct traffic safety/operations studies; and develop or apply Synchro, SimTraffic, VISSIM, and VISUM models. Project assignments can range from small-scale intersection improvements to complex interchange and corridor projects, as well as innovative multimodal transportation plans and parking studies. Additional responsibilities include quality control reviews; marketing and business development; and staff mentoring and development.
Position may include working at client site(s).
- B.S.C.E degree required
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in traffic engineering
- Basic understanding of traffic modeling (macro, meso and micro)
- Experience with VISSIM, VISUM, HCS, Synchro/SimTraffic, CORSIM and Quickzone
- Experience in the design of traffic control devices including signals, signing, maintenance of traffic, pavement markings, ITS devices, and lighting
- Familiarity with AASHTO, MUTCD, Highway Capacity Manual and Highway Safety Manual
- Licensed as a Registered Professional Engineer preferred and PTOE a plus
- Experience working on PennDOT projects a plus
- Experience working with MicroStation and/or AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Exceptional communication, technical writing and organizational skills.
- Positive attitude and willingness to work cooperatively with others.
WRA recognizes that employees play an important role in its success. Our commitment to full-time employees is reflected in the comprehensive benefits package we offer:
- Flexible work schedule options
- Competitive salary
- Leave accrual and paid holidays
- Healthcare benefits
- Group Life Insurance, as well as additional optional life Insurance, short and long term disability insurance
- Flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care reimbursement
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Parental and maternity leave benefits
WRA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and complies with all applicable anti-discrimination laws.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work In the United States on a full-time basis. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of any employment visas at this time.
Not accepting resumes from 3rd party recruiters for this position
Position # 1946