Vanderheyden RN - Residential Youth Nurse in Wynantskill, New York
Vanderheyden is seeking an full-time RN for evenings in our Residential Treatment Center. As a member of the clinical team the RN will oversee the provision of health care services to the individuals serviced at Vanderheyden under OCFS Programs in accordance with the NYS Nurse Practice Act, NYS Office of Children and Family Services, as well as, policies and procedures of Vanderheyden. The RN will be responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluation the Health care needs of individuals and documenting the findings.
Primary Duties & Essential Functions:
• Comply with all requirements of 291 Licensure
• Compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations to include NYSED Guidelines
• Complete admission nursing assessment for all individual's admitted to the RTC, DU, Group Homes and day program according to agency policy.
• Ensure that agency health forms are accurately completed, including the Emergency Room Information Record, the Description of Resident Form and the Medication Administration Record, verifying allergies and history.
• Create and maintain a Health File for each individual admitted to the RTC, DU, Group Homes and Day Program.
• Develop a Nursing Care Plan, which provides for routine prophylactic care and individualized services as noted in the admission assessment.
• Schedule the individual for admission physical and lab work.
• Notify the appropriate Clinician/Case Coordinator student's health needs.
• Register the individual with the contracting managed pharmacy services.
• Provide on going nursing assessments as dictated by individual's needs.
• The nurse will prepare consult note, including list of medications, for all scheduled health care appointments and when possible for emergency visits.
• Schedule routine health care appointments in concert with appointment schedule.
• Review documentation received from Health Care providers and implement the recommendations given by the provider within an appropriate time period.
• Attend Treatment team meeting to address issues/treatments and to discuss and develop strategies for responding to individual's health care needs.
• Complete the health section offorms required for participation at various collateral agencies.
• Copy and obtain NPI #
• The Nurse will be responsible assisting with arranging for the procurement of adaptive equipment for an individual's use.
• Reviews consult notes for assigned residents after physical appointments and makes appropriate follow up arrangements with testing, specialists, medication changes and ordering.
• When Resident returns from psych or medical admission assessment done by RN and then MD next scheduled day.
• Will assure accuracy of MAR's weekly for RN's own assigned unit.
• Check medication carts for RN's individual assigned units for outdated medication, OTC's, clean and organized med cart.
• All RN nurses will participate in the Nursing On-Call System.
• The nurse will collaborate with the Direct Care Supervisors, House Managers and the Case Coordinator to develop ways to educate and monitor individuals and Direct Care Staff regarding performing and providing health and personal care.
• Maintains an adequate supply of medication for individuals use in residence, on home visits and school/day program.
• Review the Medication Administration Records to ascertain that they accurately reflect the medication prescription and that the documentation of medication is completed correctly.
• Review and prepare individual's Medication Administration Records (MARS) monthly and send to the living unit to be placed in the Medication Book.
• Provide a medication monograph from the contracting pharmacy to be kept in the medication book with the individual's MARS.
• Administer Medication to individuals as deemed necessary based on staffing.
• Will do medication pours with DCW staff as assigned by Director of Health service.
Required Education, Knowledge and Skills:
• Will be a graduate of an accredited nursing school.
• License and registration to practice nursing in New York State.
• Will have documentation of and favorable references regarding relevant experience in pediatrics, mental health,developmental disabilities or community nursing.
Required Education, Knowledge, and Skills:
Graduate of an accredited nursing school
License and registration to practice nursing in New York State
Will have documentation of and favorable references regarding relevant experience in pediatrics, mental health, developmental disabilities or community nursing
Must be able to work a 40 hour work week
Must be able to perform restraints and maintains TCI certification
Valid NYS driver's license