Lancaster Laboratories Chemist in Worcester, Pennsylvania
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2021, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR 6.72 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
- Perform routine performance checks on instruments that are being used for project support (e.g. HPLC, XRPD, moisture sorption, DSC, TGA)
- Preparation of common vehicles for formulation preparation to support in vivo studies
- Preparation of key reagents for analytical assays (e.g. mobile phase for HPLC)
- Weighing and labelling of samples prior to shipping for studies at other sites
- Solubility measurement in buffers, bio-relevant medium & organic solvents (HPLC, UV-Vis)
- Vehicle Screening (e.g. solubility / stability) for SubQ, IV and PO formulation development (HPLC, UV-Vis, XRPD)
- Preparation of (previously developed) formulations for animal studies including processing support for spray drying of amorphous dispersions, the preparation of particle based formulations and / or other preparation techniques as required..
- Forced degradation studies of drug substance (HPLC)
- Preliminary physicochemical characterization of compounds / formulations including (UPLC/HPLC, XRPD, TGA, DSC, CD, FTIR, HP-SEC) and light scattering techniques (DLS, zeta potential, NTA)
- Formulation analytical testing e.g. release and chemical / physical stability studies (HPLC, XRPD, UV and fluorescence assays)
- Powder blending and filter analysis for inhaled programs (HPLC)
- Particle size measurements of drug substance and formulations
- Provide support in the maintenance of the laboratory working environment including:
- Cleanliness of common laboratory area
- Management of waste for collection
- Co-ordination of laboratory supplies (reagents / consumables)
The Ideal Candidate would possess:
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Adhere to quality control and safety procedures, work in an organized manner, and comply with client site requirements
- Bachelor's degree in biology, chemistry, or other related degree concentration, or equivalent directly-related experience
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is first shift, full-time with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of West Point, PA are encourgased to apply.
What we offer:
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories Professional Scientific Services®(PSS) is a global, award-winning insourcing solution that places our people at our clients' site dedicated to running and managing laboratory services while eliminating headcount, co-employment and project-management worries.
We infuse our 55-year track record of scientific and laboratory operations expertise, as well as HR and great place to work best practices, to recruit, hire, train and manage highly qualified scientists to perform laboratory services using our client's quality systems and equipment.
To learn more about Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, please explore our websitewww.eurofinsus.com.
Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.