Lancaster Laboratories Automation Scientist in Worcester, Pennsylvania
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins laboratories work with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
The Eurofins network of companies is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. It is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. It also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 58,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 54 countries. Eurofins companies offer a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2021, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR 6.72 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
This position may provide direct support to automation maintenance, system security, data management, obsolescence initiatives and all SDLC and Compliance needs.
General support responsibilities include:
- Work closely with divisional/enterprise Information teams, global infrastructure, and risk/security organizations to ensure that project deliverables and ongoing operations receive appropriate support.
- Support for the successful implementation of Automation solutions, including both platform technologies and associated reporting needs.
- Follow appropriate system validation, Change Control and testing documentation.
- Maintain regulated instrument maintenance schedules and ensure the on-time completion of calibration or maintenance activities in accordance with departmental SOPs.
- Gain a working knowledge of laboratory equipment to facilitate with troubleshooting and/or perform maintenance or calibration activities.
- Support the purchase, install and equipment qualification of new laboratory equipment.
- Partner with facilities staff on buildout of new labs or renovation of existing laboratories
- Collaborate with metrology staff across multiple bioanalytical testing labs and sites for process improvement, cross-training and cross-site support.
- Assist in developing a suite of reporting, analytics and visualization solutions that support local clinical operations and administrative business processes.
- Ensure automation systems are maintained in a validated state, as part of an active/ongoing lifecycle management program and in compliance with Current GXP requirements.
- Assisting in the implementation of system change control and conducting system investigations.
- Active and engaged participation in the routine operations support processes as well as supporting a culture of continuous improvement at the site.
- Trouble-shoot challenging equipment/automation issues to improve performance, engage in vendor and IT support needs, respond to alarms, and implement future AI/ML capabilities as available.
- Providing support for small startup and/or existing production team to provide technical assistance in fulfilling the automation requirements for the team.
- Reviewing automation documents, preventive ma ntenance, and Standard Operating Procedures to ensure compliance with GXP Practice and corporate safety requirements.
- Assist in developing and supporting corrective actions for investigations related to automation systems.
- Use technical knowledge to assure the efficient operation of a variety of automated processing and operational and informational technology systems.
- Participating in compliance audits and training programs.
- Providing client services support for business area laboratory applications.
- B.S., B.A. in Engineering, Science, Information Technology, robotics or related field with 2+ years of experience
- M.S preferred
Required experience and skills:
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills with ability to influence and support others through a culture of inclusion, feedback, and empowerment.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures with insight for continuous improvement.
- Direct support of validation activities and all other associated Quality functions.
- Applies general knowledge of company business developed through education or experience.
- Understands and applies regulatory/ compliance requirements relative to their role.
- A problem solver/troubleshooter, skilled in Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Knowledge of the details of automation including wiring, electrical, device selection and integration.
Position is full-time and permanent, Monday-Friday, 8am-5pmwith over time as needed.Candidatescurrently living in a commutable distance to West Point,PAare encouraged to apply.
What we offer:
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Yearly goal-based bonus & eligibility for merit-based increases
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories Professional Scientific Services®(PSS) is a global, award-winning insourcing solution that places our people at our clients' site dedicated to running and managing laboratory services while eliminating headcount, co-employment and project-management worries.
We infuse our 55-year track record of scientific and laboratory operations expertise, as well as HR and great place to work best practices, to recruit, hire, train and manage highly qualified scientists to perform laboratory services using our client's quality systems and equipment.
To learn more about Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, please explore our websitewww.eurofinsus.com.
Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.