CDM Smith Construction Inspection Specialist-Project Staff (Nationwide Openings) in Worcester, Massachusetts
CDM Smith is seeking mid to senior level Construction Inspection Specialists to support various short-term and long-term Federal projects nationwide.
As a member of our Project Staff team you will contribute to CDM Smith’s mission by:
• Inspecting building and/or other structures (roads, dams, bridges, etc.) to ascertain structural soundness, safety, and compliance with code and regulations.
• Documenting inspection results inclusive of deterioration, structural condition, deficiencies between design and execution of construction and any needed sampling.
• Monitoring progress and contributing to construction reports and/or project status reports.
• Overseeing and coordinating construction related services on projects.
• Conducting on site investigations and reviewing relevant data including maps, reports, tests, drawings and other as required.
• Complying with guidelines and regulations including permits, safety etc. and delivering technical files and other technical documentation as required.
• Developing, training, and educating junior construction professionals, guiding the technical direction, and serving as a liaison with clients.
• Performing other duties as required.
Construction Inspection Specialist-Project Staff (Nationwide Openings)
FSI ENT WFT Field
• High School Diploma.
• 5 years of relevant construction experience.
• Domestic travel is required.
• Overseas travel is also possible.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.cdmsmith.com/en/Video/Meet-CDM-Smith)
Join Us! CDM Smith – where amazing career journeys unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it’s a priority that the company takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and together we will make a difference and change the world.
Job Site Location:
United States - Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
• Must be a U.S. citizen.
• Able to pass a federal background check. Demonstrates technical proficiency and design application knowledge.
• Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the construction process for large commercial, municipal or federal projects.
• Strong organizational skills to balance and prioritize work.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Familiar and comfortable to work on computers/tablets/phones.
• Strong writing and oral communication skills.
• Ability to work with multiple stakeholders.
• Good interpersonal skills to cultivate relationships with colleagues, customers, and partners.
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant's criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.
All bonuses at CDM Smith are discretionary and may or may not apply to this position.
- CDM Smith Jobs