Southern Healthcare Management Rehab Program Manager Therapist in Winter Springs, Florida
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Responsible for the overall administration, clinical planning, development, and operations of the Rehab Program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Recruits, hires, provides orientation/training, and retains a sufficient number of qualified staff to carry out the responsibilities of the Rehabilitation department. Ensures employee performance meets or exceeds expectations and periodic performance appraisals are conducted on a timely basis.
• Ensures rehabilitation staff is providing appropriate care to Resident in keeping with established standards for quality and in accordance with generally established principles of care.
• Supervises the scheduling of residents for therapy services considering available treatment hours, staff resources and overall plan of care.
• Manages the evaluation and development of in-house therapy programs including equipment assessment and staffing ratios.
• Completes required forms and reports in a timely manner in accordance with company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
• May be required to perform patient care duties as their licensed discipline.
• Bachelors or Masters Degree in Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, or Master’s Degree in Speech Therapy.
• Current valid state licensure as an OTR, RPT, or SLP-CCC.
• One to three (1-3) years’ previous clinical experience preferred.
Management responsibility for all rehab department staff.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENT
Shift work may be required. Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands or fingers, reach with hands and arms, feel, talk and hear. Employee will occasionally assist to lift and / or transfer patients weighing between 100 to 250 pounds. Employee is occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Agrees to adhere to and oversee communication of privacy guidelines relative to the confidentiality of residents' protected health information. Participates in (or conducts) company-sponsored training to safeguard against improper use and disclosure of such information. Monitors and ensures compliance with company policies, procedures and state and federal law.
Licenses & Certifications