PPD Sr Biostatistician- FSP (remote or office) in Wilmington, North Carolina
PPD’s mission is to improve health. It starts as an idea to find a cure. It becomes a life saved. All in-between, it’s you! We know that meaningful results not only require the right approach, but also the right people. We invite you to re-imagine health promoting protocols with us, working alongside our talented, bright and energetic teams.
We are passionate about being data and technically agile and driving enhanced value for our clients and patients. Determined to improve patient health, we help PPD provide industry-leading statistical, programming and clinical pharmacology contributions through global delivery, consistent quality adherence and scientific insight.
As a Senior Biostatistician, you will function independently as a project lead or lead statistician to deliver the project tasks/responsibilities. As well you will perform project management functions relating to the administrative and scientific activities of specific project work and team members.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the health and wellbeing of our employees.
Functions independently as a project lead or lead statistician to deliver the project tasks/responsibilities. Performs project management functions relating to the administrative and scientific activities of specific project work and team members. Oversees statistical aspects in the design and analysis of clinical trials, including project management, statistical analysis, report preparation, and advising other project statisticians. Supports the department by directly contributing to simple or moderately complex study protocols and bid defenses, including organizing teams and implementing strategies to ensure process and programming efficiencies.
* Ensures compliance with the activities outlined in the department's Working Practice Documents and contributes changes as needed. Follows departmental procedures for statistical analyses and programming work.
* Work independently as a project lead or as lead statistician to deliver on lead tasks/responsibilities across large and complex projects. Interacts with the sponsor on all aspects of the project and present to sponsor and regulatory agencies as needed.
* Provides sample size calculations and review protocols for completeness, appropriateness of clinical design, and sound statistical analysis. Contributes to writing appropriate protocol sections. Provides randomization schemes and appropriate documentation.
* Writes / reviews analysis plans and guide others on the team in its implementation. Defines appropriate methods and procedures for statistical analysis.
* Provides specifications for analysis database, oversee its development, and assures completeness for use in all programming. Coordinates with programmers and data management personnel as to database maintenance, updating, and documentation. Performs statistical analysis for key efficacy endpoints.
* Prepares reports, manuscripts, and other documents. Contributes statistical methods section for Integrated Clinical and Statistical Report, Integrated Summaries of Safety, Integrated Summaries of Efficacy, and other documents.
* Monitors project budget as it relates to project work scope and communicate proactively with management concerning potential changes in work scope. Communicates with sponsors concerning project work scope and budgetary changes after reviewing with management.
* Mentors members of the department by providing project guidance and statistical advice and by promoting employee development, completing performance planning, and providing resource planning. * Provides general infrastructure support to the Department (presents / teaches at the department meetings, contributes to other general department documents or policies, assists with newsletter, helps in department libraries, or trains new hires).
* Acts as the representative of the department to other divisions. Assists in bidding and business development activities. Consults with business development with respect to bids and timelines.
Education and Experience:
Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 3 years’). Master's degree in statistics, biostatistics, mathematics or related field.
In some cases an equivalency, consisting of a combination of appropriate education, training and/or directly related experience, will be considered sufficient for an individual to meet the requirements of the role.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Strong SAS® programming skills
* (Proficient in BASE, STAT, MACRO and GRAPH) and understanding of database structures
* Capable of directing and promoting teamwork in a multi-disciplinary team setting
* Strong understanding of statistical principles and strong statistical skills
* Solid project management skills, as shown through management of multiple projects
* Demonstrated initiative and motivation
* Strong written and verbal communications skills, including proficiency in the English language
* Strong organizational, time management, and planning skills to create and follow timelines, conduct long- * range planning, adapt to changing priorities and handle multiple projects
* Strong interpersonal skills and positive attitude to work effectively in a team environment and act as a liaison with other department
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours.
Ability to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
May require travel. (Recruiter will provide more details.)
PPD Defining Principles:
We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing - We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you
Organization: *US BU
Title: Sr Biostatistician- FSP (remote or office)
Location: NC-Wilmington-Wilmington NC HQ
Requisition ID: 192239
Other Locations: US-New Jersey, US-Texas, US-North Carolina, US-California, US-Pennsylvania
PPD is an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength fosters and environment of mutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any other protected group
- PPD Jobs