Mako Medical Patient Services Rep/Phlebotomist in Wilmington, North Carolina
· Collect specimens according to established procedures. This includes, but not limited to: drug screens, blood samples, processing pathology and cytology samples.
· Research test/client information and confirm and verify all written and electronic orders by utilizing lab technology systems or directory of services.
· Responsible for completing all data entry requirements accurately including data entry of patient registration; entry of test order from requisition or pulling order from database
· Enter billing information and collect payments when required, including the safeguarding of assets and credit card information.
· Data entry and processing specimens including: labeling, centrifuging, splitting, and freezing specimens as required by test order.
· Perform departmental-related clerical duties when assigned such as data entry, inventory, stock supplies, and answer phones when needed.
· Read, understand and comply with departmental policies, protocols and procedures.
· Perform verification of patient demographic info / initials including patient signature post-venipuncture to verify tubes were labeled in their presence and that the name on the label is correct.
· Maintain all appropriate phlebotomy logs in a timely manner and based on frequency, such as maintenance logs and temperature logs.
· Complete training courses and keep up-to-date with the latest phlebotomy techniques.
· Stay up-to-date on company communications.
· Ability to provide quality, error free work in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to work independently with minimal on-site supervision.
· Excellent phlebotomy skills to include pediatric and geriatric.
· Flexible and available based on staffing needs, which includes weekends, holidays, on-call and overtime.
· Committed to all MAKO policies and procedures including company dress code.
· Must have reliable transportation, valid driver license, and clean driving record, if applicable.
· Must demonstrate superior customer focus; ability to communicate openly and transparently with peers, supervisors and patients; ability to accelerate and embrace change throughout MAKO; and knowledge of the MAKO Way.
Licenses & Certifications
- Phlebotomy Certification
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)