Kinder Morgan Liquids Terminal Operator in WILMINGTON, North Carolina
Liquids Terminal Operator
Job ID #: 23156 Location: NC-WILMINGTON
Functional Area: Misc./Trades Position Type: Full Time
Experience Required: 1 - 3 Years Relocation Provided: No
Education Required: High School Diploma
RC/Department: 6845 -WILMINGTON NORTH :BULKB
Responsible for the safe, efficient and quality-conscious unloading and loading of liquid products to or from storage tanks, railcars, and trucks. Assure the work being performed consistently meets or exceeds the expectations of the supervisor, as well as published policies and procedures.
- Perform job functions necessary to safely and efficiently transferring liquid products, including:
- Line-up movements
- Load and unload railcars, tank trucks, ships, and barges
- Sample product in tanks and vessels
- Obtain and record product temperatures and levels in storage tanks
- Perform all work in strict accordance with Environmental, Health, and Safety policies and procedures
- Perform all work in strict accordance with operating policies, procedures, checklists and written instructions.
- Climb tank stairs and railcar stairs, operate valves and pumps, guage tanks
- Upkeep of assigned equipment or tools.
- Perform any other type of terminal function as trained and as instructed by the supervisor.
- Open and close 2" to 12" valves by hand
Ascend and descend ladders and stairs to perform various operations duties
- Perform miscellaneous clean-up activities, e.g. collect trash, empty barrels, sweep, mop floors, etc 14. Work outside in all types of weather 15. Climbing to 40 - 50 feet hig 16. Lift 45 - 50 pounds, Push loading arms, Carry hoses and other products
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT: We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.