PPD Assoc Biostatistics Dir - FSP (remote) in Wilmington, North Carolina
PPD’s mission is to improve health.
It starts as an idea to cure. It becomes a life saved. All in-between, it’s you!
We know that meaningful results not only require the right approach, but also the right people. We invite you to re-imagine health promoting protocols with us, working alongside bright and energetic teams.
Provides project leadership to a team of senior staff within the department who are responsible for all statistical aspects of clinical trials. Acts as the senior reviewer or project oversight on multiple projects. Implements strategies to ensure overall project success. Drives business development activities, as needed.
• Supports people managers with interviewing and selection, job description preparation, professional development, goal setting and performance management. May support people managers through input on behavioral and technical coaching and mentoring, employee counseling and separations. Advises on courses of action on salary administration, hiring, corrective action and terminations. Promotes all aspects of PPD Equal Employment Opportunity policy and Affirmative Action Plan. Assures department adherence to good scientific, ethical and regulatory standards
• Acts as senior reviewer on multiple projects, manages project team resources, budget, finance, timelines and ensures SOP compliance with appropriate documentation.
• Serves in the a project oversight role management role of project oversight for studies to represent the study(s) to all functions as needed, with client, and fully accountable for all aspects of the management of risk.
• Ensures department senior leadership is informed of team activities, accomplishments and needs.
• Manages resource planning and utilization rate for the team. Ensures that appropriate personnel resources are applied to department projects based on priorities and relative complexity.
• Liaises with other departments within the company and the client.
• Participates in divisional decision making, bid preparation and marketing activities.
• Provides statistical consultation on projects.
• Reviews and/or approves documents related to project activities.
• Oversees the development and production of all projects, including large projects and NDA submissions.
*Education and Experience:*
Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 10 years).
In some cases an equivalency, consisting of a combination of appropriate education, training and/or directly related experience, will be considered sufficient for an individual to meet the requirements of the role.
*Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:*
• Capable of effectively mentoring senior staff to direct and promote teamwork in a multi-disciplinary team setting
• Excellent leadership skills, as shown through management of multiple projects and proven ability to mentor and motivate staff
• Demonstrated initiative and motivation
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Positive attitude and the ability to work well with others
• Capable of delegating tasks and facilitating the completion of assignments
• Capable of driving innovation in developing new ideas related to process improvements
• Comprehensive organizational, judgment, analytical, decision-making and interpersonal skills
• Capable of independently assessing sponsor needs and working with project team members in producing compliant deliverables
PPD is an inclusive equal employment opportunity company. We value all people regardless of background, experience and abilities.
PPD values the health and well-being of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours.
Ability to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
May require travel. (Recruiter will provide more details).
Organization: *US BU
Title: *Assoc Biostatistics Dir - FSP (remote) *
Location: NC-Wilmington-Wilmington NC HQ
Requisition ID: 192237
PPD is an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength fosters and environment of mutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any other protected group
- PPD Jobs