Jacobs Network Installer in Williamsburg, Virginia
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the management, operation and maintenance (O&M) of the Gigabit Passive Optical Network (GPON) which will include:
Description/Scope of Services:
Telephones - (179) in residences, temporary quarters and select office building
Cameras - (12) deployed at various site locations
Network Services at Public Works pump stations
A/V department video streams (+200) to all office buildings
Network services for shoreline radar detection
GPON O&M Support includes:
• Insure telephone services (including 911 services), Internet, and the security camera network remain operational
• Troubleshoot and install necessary software patches and updates
• Submit Incident reports (CDRL 004)
• Log in to software application (Panorama) to identify any error messages that impact the operational stability of the system
• Regular checking of the operational status of single-boards and documenting of any abnormal states
• Perform necessary maintenance on the system according to the alarms to prevent failures to card/boards.
• Verify the uplink interface of the GPON system and the status of the PON port
• Splitter maintenance: regularly test and record the redundant ports of splitters, and mark the problematic ports
• Troubleshoot and replaced defective ONTs (Optical Network Terminal)
• Provision network changes using the Panorama software.\Update the systems Oracle password quarterly
• Regular updating of the systems Oracle password
• Initiate Tellabs TAC support request
• Provide RMA support for defective Tellabs equipment
• Provide on-call support response/restoral support (after hours, weekends and holidays) for user/network service outages or request
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Prior experience with installing network cabling, IT equipment
• Tellabs GPON Tellabs Operations, Provisioning and Maintenance certification
• Able to lift equipment up to 50 pounds
• Must pay attention to detail and remain alert at all times.
• Must be able to maintain regular, reliable attendance and ensure on time daily arrival
• Advanced knowledge of the customer and the inner workings of the organization.
• Proficiency in the use of MS Office product suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, SharePoint)
• Able to lift or support Televisions/Projectors with a team up 250 pounds
• Knowledge of video grid pulls and terminations of RCA, RG6 & BNCs.
• Knowledge of and/or prior experience in the set up and build of video racks along with proper cable-management techniques.
• Experience or knowledge in troubleshooting of AV, speakers, mics, cameras, racks, terminations, codecs and polycoms.
• Prior experience with the install, troubleshooting and/or the de-installation of a Custom VTC and or DVTC packages.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
- Jacobs Jobs