Luzerne County Aging Care Manager 2 - Care Management Unit in Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania
This is a Care Manager 2 position in the Care Management Unit. The employee is expected to provide a variety of care management services to a caseload of consumers and their caregivers.
- Conducts home visits to initiate care plans for consumers. Explains all of the Aging programs to the consumers and responds to questions as needed. Advises the consumers and their caregivers of available community resources.
- Conducts reassessment activities including adjusting care plans in accordance with consumer needs, adjusting cost share program calculations and adjusting level of care when necessary. Performs all reassessment functions in accordance with PA. Department of Aging regulations and Area Agency on Aging policy.
- Conducts field visits in order to respond to emergency situations, monitor services as specified in the care plan, provide emotional support to consumers, resolve problems, etc.
- Responsible for data entry into the state-wide SAMS system. Records all work in the SAMS database in a complete, professional and established manner including but not limited to Requests for Assessments, Reports of Need, LCD\'s for level of care, NAT\'s for care management, care plans, service orders, ISP\'s, Cost share program data, journal notes, etc.
- Assists consumers in negotiating the Aging service system by contacting providers concerning service delivery issues or a need for change in service delivery.
- Acts as an advocate and service broker for consumers with formal service providers not under subcontract with the AAA. Examples are mental health services, medical providers, legal services, consumer credit services, APPRISE insurance services, veteran\'s benefits, home care services, pharmacy services, transportation services other such private service providers.
- Arranges for financial management for consumers who are unable to handle their own finances, may include setting up budgets with consumer participation or arranging for an agency to act as payee for a consumers public benefits.
- Assists consumers with housing/environmental issues such as landlord tenant disputes, foreclosures, utility problems, utility shut-offs, pest control, animal control.
- Assists consumers with pre-placement and placement activities when community services are no longer sufficient to maintain consumers in the community.
- Consults as needed with the Community Health Nurse on medical and care need issues.
- Participates in consumer Appeals Hearings, as necessary.
- On a rotating basis, serves as back-up to the telephone Intake and Referral care managers. Handles requests for information, completes Reports of Need, assessment requests, answers questions, locates alternative resources, etc. Documents data entry in SAMS.
- Acts as back-up to other care manager 2\'s in the Care Management Unit.
- Completes a credentialing test administered by the Department of Aging to become a certified assessor per state regulations.
- Participates in case conferences twice monthly with the immediate supervisor.
- Completes monthly statistical reports, monthly expense reimbursement forms, prepares correspondence, as needed.
- Participates in AAA/PDA/OLTL network activities including conference calls, webinars, workshops, or mandatory trainings.
- Handles after hours crisis situations on a voluntary and rotating basis.
- Other duties as assigned.\ \