Eversource Energy Manager, Project Services, Transmission in Westwood, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
Eversource is lookin for a Manager, Project Services, Transmission located in Springfield or Westwood, MA. As part of a project-based matrixed organization, responsibilities include managing the Project Services (PS) organization in the assigned region to identify and mitigate risk to the company’s overall $1 billion annual capital program due to stakeholder intervention. Manager of Project Services is responsible for managing the strategic vision, approach and execution of stakeholder outreach efforts throughout the project lifecycle process by aligning strategy with vision; identifying and mitigating project risk; and managing the overall tactical implementation of customer, community and other key influential stakeholder engagement in support of Transmission, Major Distribution, Vegetation Management and, potentially, Gas projects in his/her assigned geographic region. Project support may be required in any of the three states in Eversource’s footprint but primary responsibilities for this position resides in [Connecticut/Western Massachusetts, Eastern Massachusetts, New Hampshire].
- Recruits, develops, trains and leads a team of 10+ professionals responsible for the execution of custom-tailored outreach plans and risk mitigation strategies in support of Transmission, Major Distribution, Vegetation Management, Maintenance, and other strategic projects as directed, to minimize risk due to stakeholder intervention, foster strong relationships with customer, community leaders, key stakeholders, and regulators in support of strategically important annual capital investment plan.
- Manages dozens contractor/consultant field outreach and other support resources, ensuring staffing levels are consistent with the needs of the business to achieve outreach and other strategic objectives.
- Manages the customer, community leaders and other stakeholder interactions across all ROW work activities; effectively manage stakeholder concerns and issues to avoid adverse impacts to the projects’ scope, schedule, and cost throughout the projects’ lifecycle across the assigned region.
- Oversees and provides strategic vision in support of process improvements or other key initiatives related to project lifecycle, right of way coordination and outreach performance.
- Identifies and assesses internal and external stakeholder-related risks and develops and implements risk mitigation plans.
- Manages the property impact mitigation and claims process; leads the development of stakeholder agreement process.
- Working with various corporate colleagues, manages the development and strategic timing of all related communications, including project messaging, collateral, project web pages, customer and municipal correspondence, briefing materials, videos, etc., ensuring alignment with Strategic Communications vision.
- Collaborates internally with cross-functional teams and various departments that support project work to foster strong relationships, collaborate, manage expectations, and identify opportunities for improvement. (Engineering, Real Estate, Siting, Licensing & Permitting, Rights & Survey, Construction, Project Management, Community Relations, Media Relations, Strategic Communications, Government Affairs, Regulatory Affairs etc.)
- Works to enhance public perception of Eversource by collaborating with Strategic Communications and other departments on cross-functional initiatives.
- Establishes, tracks, reviews, and reports on department KPIs and Key Initiatives.
- Skilled and effective communicator with wide range of stakeholders, including customers, community leaders, business organizations, environmental groups, community-based organizations, and regulators.
- Successful track record in Project/Program Management.
- Strong ability to provide both strategic insight and perform detail-based analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a team, provide constructive feedback and mentor direct reports.
- Proven success with managing multiple contractors, each with multiple Field Outreach Representatives, addressing customer and community issues across assigned region.
- Proven track record in planning, coordinating, and managing diverse projects.
- Strong working knowledge of state siting and permitting requirements, and regulator expectations
- Advanced understanding of the transmission facilities or other large infrastructure construction processes.
- Strong knowledge of the transmission facilities’ project life cycle and related construction activities
- Strong analytical and creative thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, Business Management, or similar. Psychology or Sociology concentration is a plus.
- Minimum of ten (10) years related industry experience, with at least (2) years of experience managing teams/projects and strategic initiatives.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between CT/MA/NH as necessary.
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment which requires sitting, standing and general movement throughout the office area. Job requires driving and traveling to service centers and other electric system sites.
Mental Aspects :
- Work includes analyzing, consulting, designing, implementing, presenting, leading, and coordinating.
- This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs