Department of Conservation & Natural Resources Maintenance Repairman 2 (Seasonal) - Sproul Forest District in Westport, Pennsylvania
Do you have experience in the electrical, carpentry, plumbing, heating, masonry, welding, landscaping and mechanical fields? Do you enjoy working in the outdoors and being in the forest? Then join the Department of Conservation and Natural Resource\'s Sproul Forest District!\
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
This position provides assistance with maintenance and construction of buildings and deer fences, and provides work support for regeneration projects.\
Interested in learning more? Additional details regarding this position can be found in the Position Description link @ the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania\'s civil service job opportunities website. \
Work Schedule and Additional Information:
- Seasonal Full-time employment.
- Work hours are 7:00 am - 5:30 pm, Monday - Wednesday, with 30-minute lunch; 7:00 am - 3:00 pm, Thursday with 30-minute lunch and Friday OFF.
- Salary:* *In some cases, the starting salary may be non-negotiable.
You will receive further communication regarding this position via email. Check your email, including spam/junk folders, for these notices.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, TRAINING & ELIGIBILITY
QUALIFICATIONS\ Minimum Experience and Training Requirements:
- Two years of experience as a Maintenance Repairman 1; or
- Four years of experience in building and plant maintenance work, which has involved at least two of the building, electrical, or mechanical trades; or
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training that affords the applicant with the Required Knowledges, Skills, and Abilities.
Necessary Special Requirement:
- This position requires possession of a valid Class C non-commercial driver\'s license.
- You must meet the PA residency requirement. For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency.
- You must be able to perform essential job functions.
How to Apply:
- Resumes, cover letters, and similar documents will not be reviewed, and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
``` - If you are claiming education in your answers to the supplemental application questions, you must attach a copy of your college transcripts for your claim to be accepted toward meeting the minimum requirements. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable. - Your application must be submitted by the posting closing date*. *Late applications and other required materials will not be accepted.
``` - Failure to comply with the above application requirements may eliminate you from consideration for this position.
- Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS):
- 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals).
If you are contacted for an interview and need accommodations due to a disability, please discuss your request for accommodations with the interviewer in advance of your interview date. \ \ The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, nati nal origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Completing the application, including all supplemental questions, serves as your exam for this position. No additional exam is required at a test center (also referred to as a written exam).
- Your score is based on the detailed information you provide on your application and in response to the supplemental questions.
- Your score is valid for this specific posting only.
- You must provide complete and accurate information or:
- your score may be lower than deserved.
- you may be disqualified.
- You may only apply/test once for this posting.
- Your results will be provided via email.
For full position description details and to apply for this position: A link to the employer\'s website (www.employment.pa.gov) will be provided after clicking on Apply. You MUST continue to employer\'s website, create an account or login to www.employment.pa.gov, review the full position description details AND complete ALL steps outlined in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania\'s official job posting application & instructions by closing date. Closing Date: 6/1/2023 11:59 PM Eastern.