RailWorks Track Laborer in Westfield, Massachusetts
Apply now »
Date:Jan 1, 2022
Location: Westfield, MA, US
Job ID: 9581
Performs a variety of tasks involving physical labor at construction sites, utilizing hand and power tools and other equipment.
Primary/Essential Responsibilities and Duties
· Cleans and prepares construction sites to eliminate possible hazards.
· Reads and interprets plans, instructions, and specifications to determine work activities.
· Digs ditches or trenches, backfills excavations, and compacts and levels earth to grade specifications, using picks, shovels, pneumatic tampers, and rakes.
· Positions, joins, aligns, and seals structural components.
· Measures, marks, and records openings and distances to lay out areas where construction work will be performed.
· Signals equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery, equipment, and materials.
· Loads, unloads, and identifies building materials, machinery, and tools, and distributes them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans and specifications.
· Follows company and industry safety rules, practices and procedures.
General/Other Responsibilities and Duties
· Erects and disassembles scaffolding, shoring braces, traffic barricades, ramps, and other temporary structures.
· Controls traffic passing near, in, and around work zones.
Required Skills and Qualifications
· A minimum of 1 to 2 years of relevant experience.
· Familiarity with materials and methods used in construction.
· Experience with machines and tools used in construction, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance.
· Ability to read and understand instructions and work specifications.
· Ability to understand and follow safety rules, policies, procedures and regulations.
· Ability to work as a team, to jointly carry out assigned tasks.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
· Works outdoors at construction sites.
· Performs physical activities that require considerable use of the arms and legs and moving the whole body, such as standing, climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, bending and handling of materials, equipment and tools.
· Uses hands and fingers to grasp, manipulate, and/or assemble objects and tools.
· Lifts, pushes, pulls, and carries heavy objects, machinery and tools up to 50 pounds.
· Exposed to harsh weather conditions including very hot and very cold weather.
· Exposed to loud noise.
· May be exposed to live track/trains and high voltage.
· Must wear appropriate safety equipment, such as safety glasses, safety boots, hard hats, and hearing protection, as required by the company.
This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties as assigned.
As a US Department of Transportation contractor, RailWorks is required to comply with all current Federal DOT regulations, including drug testing. At this time, Federal DOT drug tests do not allow for the use of marijuana, even in states that allow medical and/or recreational use. Accordingly, candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test that includes marijuana prior to being hired.
RailWorks Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment with RailWorks without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
- RailWorks Jobs