American Red Cross Blood Collections Team Lead (Mobiles) in Westchester, Pennsylvania
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
Join us-Where your Career is a Force for Good!
Blood Collections Team Lead (Mobiles)
West Chester (Candidates must reside in Chester or Montgomery county)
The American Red Cross requires new hires in this location or position have at least one vaccination against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and commit to being fully vaccinated within six weeks of employment. Upon being hired, individuals will be required to submit proof of vaccination. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or religious reasons, you may qualify for an exemption. If seeking an exemption, you will be required to submit documentation at the time of offer and your request must be approved prior to hire.
Why Choose Us?
As one of the nation's premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. When you join our team, you have a direct impact on a meaningful mission, and you can help save lives every day. If you share our passion for helping people, join us in this excellent career opportunity. Work where your career is a force for good.
We are committed to the diversity of our workforce and to delivering our programs and services in a culturally competent manner reflecting the communities we serve. Our work environment is collaborative, respectful, and inclusive with a focus on building allyship and a culture of belonging that empowers all team members. Come to learn, grow, and succeed while sharing your passion for making a difference.
The Red Cross supports a variety of cultural and community resource groups for employees and volunteers. From the Ability Network, our Asian American & Pacific Islander Resource Group, the Latino Resource Group, and Red Cross PRIDE, to the Umoja African American Resource Group, our Veterans+ Resource Group, and the Women's Resource Group, these networks provide connections, mentoring and help give voice to important concerns and opinions.
At the American Red Cross, your uniqueness can shine!
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (Job Overview):
When you join our team, you will be utilizing your leadership & healthcare/customer service skills to support our mobile blood drive operation teams. As a team lead/charge, you will coach, mentor, instruct, and be a point of resource for our blood collection staff while performing blood collection duties in the communities.
The Red Cross offers paid phlebotomy training with the ability to grow your healthcare skills and career within the nation's top humanitarian organization. To learn more about being a phlebotomist and the impact you can make in this position, watch this short video: rdcrss.org/lifesavingrole
WHERE YOUR CAREER IS A FORCE FOR GOOD (Key Responsibilities):
• Lead the team and drive for results through excellent customer service
• Model professionalism and compassion while serving as an ambassador to the public for the nation's largest not-for-profit blood banking organization
• Work as a lead/charge at the mobile blood drives within the community and conduct phlebotomy
• Able to work independently with attention to detail along with the knowledge of daily operations to ensure the blood the team collects and meets regulatory requirements
• To best meet the needs of our donors and community, staff work a variable schedule which may include early mornings, late nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Schedule is provided 2-3 week in advance
Pay Rate: $23.90/hourly
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED (Minimum Qualifications):
• Associate Degree or equivalent combination of education and related experience (18 months to four years of work experience in a related field) required.
• Minimum of 1 year leadership experience in environments with public relations skills are required.
• Phlebotomy experience is preferred.
• Customer service experience, effective verbal communication and public relations skills are required.
• A current valid driver's license and good driving record may be required.
• Basic computer skills desirable.
• LPN or equivalent experience may be preferred in some locations. Equivalent experience may encompass needlesticks, phlebotomy, and other relevant medical responsibilities.
WHAT WILL GIVE YOU THE COMPETITIVE EDGE (Preferred Qualifications):
• Prior healthcare or phlebotomy experience (CNA, MA, EMT, etc.)
• Prior leadership experience in healthcare settings
BENEFITS FOR YOU:
We take care of you, while you take care of others. As a mission-based organization, we believe our team needs great support to do great work. Our comprehensive benefits help you in balancing home and work. With our resources and perks, you have amazing possibilities at the American Red Cross to advance the learn.
• Medical, Dental, Vision plans
• Health Spending Accounts & Flexible Spending Accounts
• PTO: Starting at 15 days a year; based on FLSA status and tenure
• Holidays: 11 paid holidays comprised of six core holidays and five floating holidays
• 401K with match
• Paid Family Leave
• Employee Assistance
• Disability and Insurance: Short + Long Term
• Service Awards and recognition
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life's emergencies don't stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights