United Natural Foods Fleet Maintenance Mechanic II in West Sacramento, California
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic II
United States of America, California, West Sacramento
Logistics / Warehouse Operations
Post Date Aug 10, 2023
Requisition # 155886
Sign Up for Job Alerts
Performs complex repairs on tractors and trailers and yard tractors. Identifies and monitors problems to provide recommendation to repair or replace.
• Perform Preventive Maintenance, Inspections and General Repairs
• Air and Hydraulic Brake Diagnostics & Repairs including ABS systems
• Electrical Diagnostics and Repair
• Diagnose and repair Liftgate systems, Weld and Fabricate as needed
• Diagnose drivelines, steering, suspensions and repair
• Repair order entry and time accountability in RTA Maintenance Program
• Charge all parts to repair orders
• Perform Tire and Wheel End Maintenance as needed
• Perform quality work and quantity production
• Assist and mentor junior mechanics to broaden their knowledge base.
• Performs other relevant job duties as required.
Education/ Certifications/or Equivalent combination of education training and experience:
• High School Diploma/GED and/or equivalent related experience
• Certifications in tire & wheel, brakes, AC &/or EPA, DOT inspections, transmissions, engines
• Must have a minimum of 5 years mechanical experience in related mechanical field or technical training and 3 years’ experience.
• Proven medium to heavy-duty vehicle repair including PM's, tire & wheel, air & hydraulic brakes, diagnosis, computerized diagnostics, electrical troubleshooting, electronic component repair.
• Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skill to drive/move Class A equipment effectively.
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities:
• Must be certified on brakes, steering and suspensions.
• Must have knowledge and use of Diagnostic Tools, able to repair or replace external Engine parts, Transmissions, Rears.
• Must have all hand tools required for applicable areas.
• Must be able to diagnose failure and possible failures of all road equipment.
• Must be able to repair and rebuild diesel engines, computer systems, drive trains, brakes, suspensions and steering, air systems, and electrical systems without supervision.
• Must be able to read manuals, work orders, etc. and accurately complete daily repair order entry into computerized maintenance program. (RTA)
• Must be able to perform quality work and quantity production.
• Must know all disposals of waste and recycling requirements of the shop.
• Must have hazardous material training.
• Must be knowledgeable with Lockout Tag out, Safety procedures, protocols.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license, 21 years of age or older
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/ DEMANDS:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
• Incumbent may use calculators, keyboards, telephone and other office equipment in the course of normal workday
• Stooping, bending, twisting and reaching may be required in completion of job duties
• Ability to lift up to 75 pounds and to stand, walk, bend, stoop, twist and turn frequently.
• Will be exposed to temperatures ranging from 20 degrees to 90 degrees Fahrenheit in daily duties
• Ability to do repetitious arm, wrist and hand movements required for maintenance and service procedures.
• Must be able to work with hands and arms overhead, and to work in, on or under the equipment.
• Requires manual dexterity, overall coordination and good balance to work both at ground level and in high places to perform job duties. Ability to operate work related equipment
• Specific vision abilities req
Company Name: Tony's Fine Foods
Work Indicator: Onsite
Pay Rate: $30.75
UNFI anticipates paying the above-referenced pay rate (or within the above-referenced pay range) for this position. Actual Pay, where applicable, will depend on a number of factors, including, but not limited to, education, experience, training, and any requirements under applicable collective bargaining agreements. UNFI is committed to transparency in pay in compliance with applicable state and local laws.
For Washington positions (or positions that may be performed remotely from Washington), Click HERE for Washington-specific paid time off details.
Candidates hired into this position will also be eligible to participate in the following benefits programs: Paid Time Off; Sick Time; paid holidays and parental leave; 401K Program; medical, dental, vision, life, and accidental death/dismemberment insurance; short-term and long-term disability insurance program, Flexible Spending Account and/or Health Savings Account, subject to meeting the eligibility requirements and the terms and conditions of these programs, and subject to any requirements under applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Sales Positions Only: For sales positions that are commission-based, the above range is an estimate of total potential commission-based compensation during an associate’s first year, but UNFI offers an introductory period minimum of $680 per week. After the introductory period, as a 100% commission-based role, there is no set salary. UNFI’s commission plans are uncapped and average earnings vary depending on territory and sales achieved, among other factors.
UNFI’s compensation, benefits, and paid time off policies are subject to change in the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with applicable law. This job posting should not be construed as an offer of employment with certain terms, nor should it be construed as a guaranteed minimum.