Unipak Inc. Truck Driver in West Chester, Pennsylvania
- We are looking for an experienced and motivated Truck Driver to join our company! As a Truck Driver, you will be responsible for delivering to our supply chain logistics department in a safe and timely manner.
Truck Drivers are responsible for driving company\'s commercial vehicles for a variety of purposes. In addition, they must be able to keep a record of vehicle inspections and make sure the truck is equipped with safety equipment.
Duties and responsibilities
- Must be able to operate forklift
- Transport finished goods and raw materials
- Plan and manage distribution to manufacturing plants or retail and distribution centers
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items
- Inspect for safety issues
- Perform preventative maintenance
- Plan best route options
- Plan and meet delivery schedules
- Document and log your work expenses
- Comply with rules and regulations
- Collect, analyze and verify delivery instructions
Report defects, accidents or violations
- 3 years of experience as a Truck Driver
- 3 years of experience with electronic equipment and software such as GPS.
- Ability to drive long hours and travel regularly
- Good knowledge of truck driving rules and regulations
- No driving violations
- Willing to submit to background and drug checks on a regular basis
Current truck driving license
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk, sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Ability to read and interpret documents in English such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.