Penn Medicine Patient Representative in West Chester, Pennsylvania
Job ID :106163
Job Category: Clerical/Administrative
Specialty Area: Clerical/Administrative
Primary Shift: Day
Work Schedule: Part-Time Day Shift
Penn Medicine Entity: Chester County Hospital
Location: West Chester, PA
Address: 701 E Marshall St
Education Required: Per Position Description
Experience Required: Per Position Description
Employment Type: Part Time Regular 19- hrs/wk
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Position Description :
General Summary Statement
The Patient Access Registrar is a highly motivated individual, who is responsible for the intake/patient registration process. The individual in this position performs vital roles in customer service and data collections for the hospital. The Patient Access Registrar performs multi-task duties to ensure efficiency in daily business operations. All duties are performed in accordance with all regulatory guidelines and the Chester County Health Network’s mission, philosophy, policies and procedures while focusing on the delivery of customer service excellence and Patient Access services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Conducts comprehensive patient interviews by obtaining accurate information such as Social Security Number, name, address, phone number, e-mail address, guarantor data, next of kin’s name and phone number, third party payer, etc., while verifying applicable information via on-line software. Assigns coordination of benefits in hospital information system.
• Maintains and protects the patient’s confidentiality in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations.
• Explains and obtains signatures on the HIPAA Privacy Notice, Treatment Consent, IMM and Observation Consent forms as appropriate.
• Requests proper identification from each patient to ensure patient safety and integrity
• Scans all necessary documentation into EDM: patient ID; Insurance Cards; Treatment Consent; and ABN’s; Transfer Sheets, Scripts, Promise eligibility where applicable.
• Verifies eligibility and benefits and obtains authorizations/pre-certifications, and referrals when applicable
• Exemplifies customer service by answering phones and interacting with patients, staff, clinicians and visitors in a timely and pleasant manner
• Accurately completes MSP forms, when applicable
• Confirms all billing requirements have been satisfied to ensure compliance and reimbursement for services rendered, including but not limited to: obtaining patient signature for use of Lifetime Reserve Days when all Medicare days and Co-days are exhausted; refers self-pay patients to the Financial Assistance Representation for an MA application, when appropriate.
• Accepts changes in assignment in the spirit of good teamwork; accepts constructive feedback about performance or behaviors; demonstrates creative thinking and problem solving relating to issues or concerns.
• Attends and participates in all scheduled Departmental Staff meetings and Mandatory educational update meetings (In Service Sessions).
• Assures up to date completion of all Knowledge Link assignments, Education on the Go, PPD and Performance Manager assignments as needed.
Minimum Requirements :
Education, Training and Experience
• High School diploma
• Minimum of two years college preferred
• Spanish speaking a plus
• Prior experience in a healthcare environment; cash collections, insurance knowledge; or related experience preferred
• Proficient in the use of personal computers with a basic knowledge of computer software, e.g. Word and Excel
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Highly organized, with efficient work habits in a multi-tasked environment
• Ability to interact with a variety of individuals in a calm, professional manner at all times
Work Environment and Hazards
Duties are performed in an office and clinical setting. There may be exposure to infectious diseases and blood born pathogens.
Work Contact Group
Patients, Patient’s family/friends, Physicians and Physician Office Staff, Case Management, Medical Records, Nursing Staff, Insurance companies, Law enforcement agencies, Nursing Home personnel, Ambulance personnel, Business Office personnel, Information services personnel, Materials Management personnel.
Additional Information :
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
- Penn Medicine Jobs