Penn Medicine Occupational Therapist - Southern Chester County (Home Visits) - Penn Medicine at Home in West Chester, Pennsylvania
Occupational Therapist - Southern Chester County (Home Visits) - Penn Medicine at Home
Job ID :101128
Job Category: Physical/Occupational Therapy
Specialty Area: Physical/Occupational Therapy
Primary Shift: Day
Work Schedule: M-F day shift, weekend + holiday rotation
Penn Medicine Entity: Penn Medicine at Home
Location: West Chester, PA
Address: 795 E Marshall St
Education Required: Per Position Description
Experience Required: Per Position Description
Employment Type: Full-Time Regular
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Position Description :
Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team, schedulers, and managers in order to provide optimal patient experience and meet patient's needs. Plans, prepares and carries out individually designed programs of occupational therapy treatment to maintain, improve or restore function to all ADL and IADL.
• Performs and documents an initial exam, evaluating data to identify functional impairments. Manages caseload by scheduling appropriate therapy revisits and reassessments as needed.Confers with the patient, family, caregivers, physician, and multi-disciplinary team members to plan, implement and assess the intervention program. Obtains patient's consent to proposed interventions as applicable. Make appropriate referrals to physical therapy, speech therapy, nursing, social work, home health aide, and hospice services to meet the patient's needs.
• Reviews physician's referral and patient's medical records to help determine diagnosis and Occupational therapy treatment required. Records prognosis, treatment, response, progress, and further need for occupational therapy treatment in patient's chart.
• Administers ADL/IADL retraining, therapeutic exercises, therapeutic activity, range of motion treatment, home safety training, and cognitive retraining to improve function, increase tolerance for meaningful activity, and improve the quality of life of patients on home care services. Evaluates effects of treatment at various stages and adjust treatments to achieve maximum benefit.
• Instructs the patient, family, and caregivers in treatment procedures to increase carry through with the plan of care and improve patient outcomes. Recommends appropriate equipment and home modifications to improve patients’ function in the home environment and improve the caregivers’ ability to help the patients.
• Performs medicine reconciliation as part of a multi-disciplinary team. Monitors patient’s vital signs and physiological response to treatment sessions. Communicates findings to team members and physicians. Responds appropriately to changes in patient’s vital signs.
• Discharges patient from occupational therapy when goals or projected outcomes have been attained or patient is no longer homebound. Provides for appropriate follow-up care or referrals after discharge.
• Assigns patients to an occupational therapy assistant as appropriate. Provides supervision for a occupational therapy assistant according to the OT practice Act and PCAH policies.
• Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
• Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Minimum Requirements :
• Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Therapy from ACOTE accredited school of occupational therapy
• Pennsylvania OTR/L license
• BLS/CPR as a healthcare provider per the American Heart Association
• Valid Driver's License
• Car Insurance
• Master's or Doctorate in Occupational Therapy from ACOTE accredited school of occupational therapy
Additional Information :
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
- Penn Medicine Jobs