CITY OF WENTZVILLE Water Operator I in Wentzville, Missouri
Position Summary The City of Wentzville is seeking candidates interested in joining our Public Works team. Wentzville is one of the fastest-growing communities in the state. Come grow with us!
The Water Operator's typical duties include performs a limited range of less complex or specialized work tasks in operations and maintenance of the citys water supply and distribution systems under direct supervision. These tasks include but are not limited to hand, equipment and hydro excavation, water main repair and installation, locating of utilities, service tickets and concerns, meter repair and replacement, water testing, record keeping, and other general labor duties.
The City of Wentzville is committed to being an employer of choice, offering prosperous and meaningful career opportunities and flexibility. The City offers excellent benefits, including health, vision, dental, employer-paid life insurance, long-term disability, a retirement pension, 13 paid holidays, 2 floating holidays, vacation time, sick time, tuition reimbursement, an employee assistance program, a discounted recreation center membership and much more.
Job Qualifications -Education, experience, and training that are required or desirable in order to effectively perform the job at the time of hire. An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered. Additional requirements and/or substitutions may be requested and require the approval of HR.
- Minimum one year experience in the inspection, maintenance, and repair of the water distribution system, or other relevant experience required.
- Job-relevant certification/license, vocational/technical program completion, or completion of apprenticeship preferred.
- Valid Class A CDL with air brakes and tanker endorsement preferred, or ability to obtain within 180 days of employment required.
- Valid drivers license is required.
- Certification in Water Distribution DS-I testing within 180 days of employment required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities -May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledges, skills, and abilities commonly associated with this position.
- Ability to provide exceptional service to internal and external customers.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with supervisors, co-workers, and customers by telephone, in writing, and in person.
- Ability to use good judgment and think rationally in difficult or stressful situations.
- Ability to develop goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work, as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work under direct supervision and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to follow standard operating procedures and systems to accomplish tasks.
- Basic knowledge in the use of general computer programs and applications, including email and mobile apps
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
- Ability to safely drive vehicles used to transport materials, tools, and equipment
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential job duty. Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable.
Apply online at www.wentzvillemo.gov/careers. The City of Wentzville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.