The City of Wayne Part Time Mechanical Inspector 8 hrs./week in Wayne, Michigan
A completed City of Wayne application is required. Please click on the link below:
8 hours a week 4 hours Tuesday and Thursday
- Participates in the inspection of vacant or occupied buildings, structures, and construction sites checking for violations of State and local regulations pertaining to mechanical and zoning restrictions, determines proper licensing required for contractors on specific projects.
- Reviews all applications, blueprints, plans including building and structure specifications to ensure that all mechanical code requirements are in compliance.
- On-site inspections are conducted during various phases of construction to ensure work is performed in compliance with applicable codes and ordinances.
- Prior to issuance of permit, reviews requirements to ensure that applicant has local governmental units' approval and utilizes proper constructions methods. Assists applicant in obtaining and providing the proper documents when necessary. Performs complex reviews when necessary.
- Issues a violation notice or stop/work order when code violations are determined.
- May be required to appear in court to present testimony regarding code and ordinance violations in complaint cases.
- Assist other inspectors with any problems which may a rise in their particular jurisdiction.
- Keeps records of activities essential to the department and prepares various reports dealing with permits issued, violation notices issued, daily inspections made, etc.
- Resolves inquiries from citizens, contractors, architects, etc. regarding complaints, code and ordinance interpretations, clarification of City or Wayne policies, and general questioning.
May assist in inspection of public works construction projects or other inspections normally performed by the Engineering Department.
Required Education and Experience:
a) Must have a minimum of a high school education
b) Must have current Michigan Mechanical Inspector license, or must acquire a Michigan Mechanical Inspector license within one year.
c) Must have minimum of four (4) years of experience in mechanical construction.
d) Must have a general understanding of the current Mechanical Code.
e) The ideal candidate shall have technical courses related to mechanical construction, code enforcement, architectural engineering, and construction related experience for a minimum of four years.
f) Desirable to have International Code Council certification for Mechanical Inspector.
Applications may be picked up in the City of Wayne City Hall, 3355 S. Wayne Rd., Wayne, MI 48184. An application form is also available on our website:
Applications must be completed in its entirety and submitted to the Personnel Department.
No resumes will be accepted without written application form.