Corewell Health Exercise Physiologist in Wayne, Michigan
Job duties may include any of the following and vary by site. See site specific addendums (if available) for details.
· Provides all aspects of phases I – III cardiac rehabilitation. Under general direction, develops, implements and evaluates exercise prescriptions and exercise sessions for all phases of cardio/pulmonary rehab as well as other chronic illnesses. Creates educational materials and provides education both cardio/pulmonary patients and other patients referred to the cardiac rehab program. Plans and participates in special patient events, writing/research endeavors, professional conferences, the student internship program, specialized programmatic service lines (ie, Cardiovascular Performance Clinic, cardiac rehab referral intake, cardiac rehabilitation marketing, etc.), and/or departmental improvement initiatives related to the department. Extremely knowledgeable of cardiac risk factors. Provides all aspects of care management to the Phase II patients in an effective, timely, inspirational manner.
· Supervises cardiovascular stress tests for individuals with and without chronic disease in order to obtain reliable and valid data.
· Provides other services such as Enhanced External Counterpulsation (EECP) and holter and event monitor placement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES (may include):
Leads exercise therapy sessions for Phases I – III cardiac rehabilitation including adhering to exercise prescription, moderating activity to meet individual needs of participants, taking vitals (pulse, blood pressure, pulse oximetry, assessing symptoms).
Adjusts exercise equipment to needs of individual patient.
Identifies patient learning needs, provides cardiac risk factor and other education and coaches to optimal outcomes.
Reviews patient charts to identify and ensure intervention for patient concerns/needs and completes individualized treatment plans accordingly and on timely basis.
Provide ongoing communication to referring physician regarding stress testing and/or cardiac rehab classes.
Monitor EKG rhythms.
Prepares ITP for medical director review and discharge reports for physicians as indicated.
Supervises stress tests, both exercise and pharmacological, and reports preliminary test information.
Provides a pleasant, educational, Service Excellence-orientated environment of the participants.
Performs thorough, accurate, timely documentation meeting Joint Commission, CMS, and HIPPAA standards.
Communicates concerns, suggestions, and ideas to other staff members in a productive, non-offensive manner.
Participates fully in all quality assurance, outcome measures or Joint Commission/CMS mandated initiatives.
Prepares required reports thoroughly, accurately and on timely basis.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
A. Education / Training:
· Bachelor’s degree in exercise science or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
B. Work Experience:
· ECG interpretation experience required.
· A minimum 2 years’ experience or successful completion of a 600-hour clinical internship in the cardiac rehab setting may be required dependent on job location within the system.
C. Certification, Licensure, Registration:
· Current BLS Certification- required; Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support- preferred (may be required at specific sites); ACSM Certified Clinical Exercise Physiologist or AACVPR Certified Cardiac Rehabilitation Professional within one year of employment.
This is where extraordinary begins. Find out where it can take you and your career. Apply Now!
SITE - Wayne Hospital - 33155 Annapolis - Wayne
Cardiology - Wayne
Day (United States of America)
Weekly Scheduled Hours
Hours of Work
4 days week 1 weekend per month
CURRENT COREWELL HEALTH TEAM MEMBERS – Please apply through Find Jobs from your Workday team member account. This career site is for Non-Corewell Health team members only.
Corewell Health is committed to providing a safe environment for our team members, patients, visitors, and community. We require a drug-free workplace and require team members to comply with the MMR, Varicella, Tdap, and Influenza vaccine requirement if in an on-site or hybrid workplace category. We are committed to supporting prospective team members who require reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process, to perform the essential functions of a job, or to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment due to a disability, pregnancy, or sincerely held religious belief.
Corewell Health grants equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected category.
An interconnected, collaborative culture where all are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work, is vital to the health of our organization. As a health system, we advocate for equity as we care for our patients, our communities, and each other. From workshops that develop cultural intelligence, to our inclusion resource groups for people to find community and empowerment at work, we are dedicated to ongoing resources that advance our values of diversity, equity, and inclusion in all that we do. We invite those that share in our commitment to join our team.
You may request assistance in completing the application process by calling 616.486.7447.
People are at the heart of everything we do, and the inspiration for our legacy of outstanding outcomes, innovation, strong community partnerships, philanthropy and transparency. Corewell Health is a not-for-profit health system that provides health care and coverage with an exceptional team of 60,000+ dedicated people—including more than 11,500 physicians and advanced practice providers and more than 15,000 nurses providing care and services in 22 hospitals, 300+ outpatient locations and several post-acute facilities—and Priority Health, a provider-sponsored health plan serving more than 1.2 million members. Through experience and collaboration, we are reimagining a better, more equitable model of health and wellness.