M. C. Dean, Inc. Electronics Security Technician 1 in Washington, District Of Columbia
Electronics Security Technician 1
Location Washington Metro Area- MD/VA/DC
Apply Now (https://phg.tbe.taleo.net/phg04/ats/careers/v2/applyRequisition?org=MCDEAN&cws=62&rid=9242)
An Electronics Security Technician 1 is responsible for the installation of Security cabling and equipment in accordance with all applicable plans, specifications, codes, and industry standards. As a technician you should have the work experience installing basic equipment which involves using hand tools and power tools, a basic understanding of Security Systems including CCTV, access control and burglar systems, blueprints and knowledge of codes and standards. Additionally, each technician must make every effort to become certified in multiple manufacturers systems. Electronics Security technicians are full time employees with company benefits.
Responsibilities included, but not limited to:
Basic Knowledge and Safe Use of hand tools and various power tools
Wearing of required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Following Safety Policies and Procedures
Actively Participating in Daily Safety and Work briefings.
Install various types of Low Voltage Cable
Installation, terminating, testing, troubleshooting CCTV, access control and burglar systems, cabling and associated equipment such as:
· Various pathways and cable tray
· Various Panels & enclosures
· Various security related Devices
· Prefabricated Components and Assemblies.
· Base Building Grounding Systems
Technicians need to be able to train and supervise apprentices in a team environment to facilitate installing cable from Equipment Room to Field Devices while following drawings and run lists to ensure cables are installed methodically and arranged in proper bundles at ER for ease of dressing and termination.
Technicians need to be able to perform Quality assurance checks of their team’s work ensuring cable and device install is performed within all applicable requirements.
Maintain a clean work area and participate in job site clean up
Securing company tools and materials daily
Up to 25% Travel which may include domestic and/or international.
Qualifications / Skills Sets / Expectations:
· 4 years prior experience in commercial security industry
· Be 18 years of age
· High School diploma or GED is required
· Must have an excellent safety record, a valid driver's license, and clean driving record in order to meet corporate eligibility requirements to drive a company owned vehicle.
· Successfully pass a background check and drug test
· Have reliable transportation to and from the jobsite
· Demonstrated experience and ability to read and understanding plans and specifications.
· Consistently report to work on time, work well with other to accomplish a common goal and maintain a safe work environment
· Wear long pants and a shirt that covers the shoulders by six (6) inches. These are not provided by the Company.
· Provide basic tools from supplied tool list prior to 1 st day of employment.
· Lifts at least 100 pounds at one time and 60 pounds for an extended period of time.
· Relocate up to a twelve-foot stepladder without assistance.
· Ability to work at various heights, can climb and maintain balance on scaffolds, aerial lifts, catwalks, and all types of ladders.
· Walks, climbs, lifts, squats, crawls, kneels, pushes, pulls, and reaches overhead on a routine and repetitive basis.
· Possess good vision (may be corrected vision), the ability to distinguish color, and the ability to hear and communicate in English.
· May use a standard ladder without exceeding the weight limit while carrying tools.
· See details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
· Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
· Valid Passport and willingness to travel overseas.
· Experience with Microsoft Office applications
· Manufacturer Certifications in any of the following:
o ONSSI (Qognify)
o American Dynamics/Illustra
o EXACQ Vision
o AXIS Communications
Applicants for this position may be required to prove that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine or demonstrate that they have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
M. C. Dean, Inc.
- M. C. Dean, Inc. Jobs