New Jersey Resources Robotic Process Automation Sr. Business Analyst (Hybrid) in Wall, New Jersey
Robotic Process Automation Sr. Business Analyst (Hybrid)
Wall Corporate Office, 1415 Wyckoff Rd, Wall, New Jersey, United States of America Req #2124
Monday, May 15, 2023
Energize your future and join our team as we pursue a reliable, sustainable, cleaner energy future. At our Fortune 1000 diversified energy company, you’ll find a friendly, community-minded environment, with flexible work schedules, opportunities for growth and development, and competitive pay and benefits.
New Jersey Resources is seeking a Robotic Process Automation Sr. Business Analyst to work with business process owners to identify, analyze and document business processes that are candidates for robotic process automation (RPA). In addition, partner with RPA team to monitor the RPA software, infrastructure and resolve exceptions.
Major Responsibilities / Essential Functions
• Partner with business unit contacts, RPA team members and information technology (IT) to identify manual processes to convert to RPA technology
• Gather requirements for RPA opportunities, working closely with subject matter experts (SME)
• Analyze the processes assigned for RPA to determine if the proposed automation should be facilitated by a “Citizen Developer” via Power Automate or the RPA COE with Automation Anywhere A360
• Provide guidance and recommendations to SMEs regarding process changes and recommendations
• Collaborate with SMEs to create process flows, maps and other documentation necessary to assess the RPA opportunity
• Coordinate the review and approval of the processes identified for RPA development with business unit
• Facilitate regular project meetings with the project team, including SMEs and technology team
• Collaborate with business process owners and users to analyze and document business practices and processes, review designs and implement user acceptance testing
• Maintain and report on decisions and action items for assigned RPA initiatives
• Provide ongoing support for existing RPA deployments, including exceptions, maintenance and enhancements
• Leverage process improvement experience to streamline and optimize process for RPA software
• Communicate identified and potential risks and issues to the RPA team lead accordingly and provide actionable inputs to mitigate.
• Schedule and run processes to ensure stability of RPA production environment
• Manage and investigate RPA exceptions; maintain RPA metrics and reporting
• Manage and maintain applicable Power BI reporting for the RPA Steering Committee Dashboards, related datasets, and Power Automate metric reporting “Flows”
• Investigate issues impacting the availability of the RPA environment and related Bots (running processes, maintaining resource virtual machines, viewing logs, etc.)
• Problem solve daily issues of running of RPA processes; provide timely solutions
• Communicate and escalate software-related issues to RPA vendors, suggesting improvements and interacting with other third-party resources
• Provide oversight of credential vault including management of credential to prevent expiration
• Support the NJR Citizen Developer initiative to expand awareness and utilization of automation self service
• Bachelor’s degree in business or information technology studies
• Minimum of four years of experience in the following: IT experience in business systems analysis, business unit experience that includes working closely with IT in the development and implementation, business process design, or two years of experience as an RPA business analysts designing automations and monitoring system performance
• Experience with business analysis, process improvement or value stream mapping
• Experience working with RPA products such as Automation Anywhere; certification in Automation Anywhere preferred; Microsoft Power Automate and Power BI; or strong aptitude to excel in technology transformation projects
• Strong understanding of process design and development including technology life cycle, project planning, requirements definition, developing project business cases, technology testing and operational transition
• Ability to manage multiple projects and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to apply leading practices and technology to solve problems
- The above job description is reflective of the primary duties of this position and in no way limits the supervisor from assigning any other duties, responsibilities or initiatives as deemed necessary.
This position is hybrid in our Wall, NJ office (3 days onsite, 2 days remote).
New Jersey Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran or other protected status.
Job Function Sr. Professional
Pay Type Salary
Wall Corporate Office, 1415 Wyckoff Rd, Wall, New Jersey, United States of America