Virtua Health Scheduling Specialist in United States
At Virtua Health, we exist for one reason – to better serve you. That means being here for you in all the moments that matter, striving each day to connect you to the care you need. Whether that's wellness and prevention, experienced specialists, life-changing care, or something in-between – we are your partner in health devoted to building a healthier community. If you live or work in South Jersey, exceptional care is all around. Our medical and surgical experts are among the best in the country. We assembled more than 14,000 colleagues, including over 2,850 skilled and compassionate doctors, physician assistants, and nurse practitioners equipped with the latest technologies, treatments, and techniques to provide exceptional care close to home. A Magnet-recognized health system ranked by U.S. News and World Report, we've received multiple awards for quality, safety, and outstanding work environment.In addition to five hospitals, seven emergency departments, seven urgent care centers, and more than 280 other locations (https://www.virtua.org/locations) , we're committed to the well-being of the community. That means bringing life-changing resources and health services directly into our communities through our Eat Well food access program (https://www.virtua.org/about/eat-well) , telehealth, home health, rehabilitation, mobile screenings, paramedic programs, and convenient online scheduling. We're also affiliated with Penn Medicine for cancer and neurosciences, and the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia for pediatrics.
1st Shift (United States of America)
Total Weekly Hours:
Cherry Hill - 1945 Route 70
Cherry Hill - 1945 Route 70
Schedules inpatient or outpatient procedures.
Informs patients and physician office of prep instructions or other test requirements.
Correctly identifies the patient, matches medical records, and facilitates hospital care.
• Responsible for the organized flow of patients throughout the department by accurately inputting surgical procedures and preference cards, orders.
• Acts as the key contact within the department for coordinating the admission process and scheduling surgical procedures.
• Alerts facilitator of current or potential problems and assists in resolution.
• Handles a high volume of incoming and outgoing communication from the unit while providing excellent customer service.
• Maintains medical records, stat reports, enters data into multiple data bases, and runs reports as required.
• Maintains office supplies and equipment.
• Assists in orienting new staff on scheduling and data collection processes.
• Assists with unit coverage as needed.
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
Previous medical clerical experience.
Understanding of medical terminology.
Computer user proficiency (data entry).
Clear communication skills.
Professional phone demeanor.
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Be Well, Get Well and Stay Well
That's our mission.
We’re dedicated to offering the best quality care through our extensive range of services and facilities.
Our doctors, clinical practitioners, and administrative staff are a respectful, caring team of professionals committed to providing world-class quality healthcare.
We continually work to be your premier choice of health and wellness in South New Jersey.