Amazon Robotics QA Requirements & Test Manager (Automation), Mechatronics & Sustainable Packaging in United States
We are working on the future. If you are seeking an iterative fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation, apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve extreme-scale real world challenges, and provide visible benefit to end-users, this is your opportunity.
Come work on the Amazon Robotics – Mechatronics & Sustainable Packaging (MSP) Team!
We are looking for an outstanding Quality Assurance Manager – Requirements, Test Plans & Reports, who will convert functional requirements into test-plans for the QA Manual Testing team to execute, and summarize learning in Validation Test-reports. This leader will partner with (1) the Product Teams to understand functional requirements of the new solution, (2) the internal Customers (Operations, Maintenance, Process, OpsEngineering, etc.) to ensure the functional requirements meet their needs, and (3) the QA Manual Testing team to provide them with test-plans to execute.
The primary role of the MSP team is to drive future innovation across all aspects of Mechatronics and Packaging, across industrial hardware/control machines such as robotic cells, autonomous vehicles, sortation, packing technologies and packaging materials. We drive strategic partnerships with key stakeholders such as Operations, RME, ACES, Supply Chain, Transportation, WW Design, etc. to ensure we deliver robust products that effectively integrate into the Amazon Fulfillment network.
The QA Requirements, Test Plans & Reports Manager starts from functional specifications and requirements provided by the product team and/or Supplier, decompose them in lower-level requirements that are “testable”, write test plans to qualify components, system & product features and functions, using a combination of virtual and live testing environment. The leader then analyzes the results and summarizes the outcome with the product team and customers to validate the new MSP solution meets its requirements.
The leader extracts critical performance parameters from the operational requirements and develops test-plans to measure the system’s likelihood of achieving intended performance. The leader also identifies potential discrepancies that would impact the system’s success based on KPIs (Key Performance Indicators), documenting them and characterizing their impact on the end user, hence enabling product teams to address gaps in performance. The leader supports the QA Testing team in executing field testing, and remains involved in assessing product performance, collecting metrics, and operational and customer impact. The leader will generate test reports such as Discrepancy Reports, Configuration Documentation, Functional Test Log, Fault Response Log, Root Cause Analysis Reports, Fault Reporting and Metric Validation Report, etc.
A successful candidate will have strong analytical skills combined with business understanding to translate functional requirements in testable plans, broad experience and exposure across multiple stake-holders and deep skills in complex systems integration and validation, which include a high degree of ambiguity. They will work successfully across multiple large engineering, testing and operations teams at a strategic level and drive quality across all our Products. This candidate requires strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills, collaboration, analytical and abstract thinking, time management and organizational skills.
Key job responsibilities:
• Analyze functional specifications, ensuring they meet customer requirements
• Decompose specifications in lower-level requirements that are “testable”
• Write test plans to validate end-to-end solutions using statistical analysis
• Analyze test results using data-software
• Summarize output in test reports
• Communicates quality standards and parameters to the product team to include hardware, software, controls and materials development teams.
• Participates in product testing.
• Connects with internal customers (Operations, RME, ACES, PE, OpsEng, WWDE, etc.), reviews client, customer, and user feedback.
• Maintains compliance with federal, state, local, and organizational laws, regulations, guidelines, and policies.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Virtual Location - USA
• Bachelor’s degree (BS)
• 7+ years proven experience in data management, writing and leading test-plans
• Proven experience in fulfillment systems with storage equipment, material handling systems, automated sortation system, and related automation equipment
• Strong analytical, testing and problem-solving skills.
• Proven experience using data-management software
• Ability to travel up to 75% to business locations and project sites
• Experience with complex automated material handling equipment, packaging technologies, and systems including robotics, and high speed manufacturing
• Strong communication skills to coordinate with team members, operations, and management
• Project managing skills to start and finish tests successfully
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $161,900/year in our lowest geographic market up to $314,800/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.
- Amazon Jobs