Cvent Principal/Lead Product Designer in United States
Cvent is a global meeting, event, travel, and hospitality technology leader, with more than 4000+ employees worldwide. As a leading cloud-based technology company, we have over 28,000+ customers, including 80% of the Fortune 100 companies, in more than 100 countries.
Cvent’s software solutions optimize the entire event management value chain and have enabled clients around the world to manage hundreds of thousands of meetings and events. In addition to helping event planners navigate every aspect of the event process, we also provide an integrated platform to hoteliers to help create qualified demand for their hotels, manage that demand more efficiently, and measure their business performance in real-time.
About the role:
Product designers live at the intersection of business, technology and human values. Every day, they work to better understand the meaning and impact that a product can have on a person’s life. They collaborate directly with design researchers, business analysts, content writers, visual designers, developers and other stakeholders to develop thoughtful solutions, taking business needs, technological capabilities, and user feedback into account. They invent and refine thoughtful solutions and measure their success based on how their solutions fulfill or exceed the needs of the business, technological capabilities and the expectations of the customer.
At Cvent, that philosophy translates into creating the best experience for anyone who plans and attends meetings and events. As a part of our product design team, you’ll design new products and improve existing ones. You’ll map workflows, create wireframes, produce prototypes, and participate in user research and content strategy. You’ll use the latest design tools but also develop ideas on paper and whiteboards. You’ll take ownership for your product, validating your ideas and presenting your solutions to senior designers, managers, product owners and stakeholders for feedback. You will use this feedback to iteratively improve your designs.
We’re looking for talented and passionate designers to help shape the future of the event industry. We want to see your work, how you think through problems and what design principles guide your process. When applying, please provide a link to your online portfolio or send it as a PDF. Candidates who do not submit a portfolio will not be considered.
What You Will Be Doing:
• Understand the complex problems our customers face and how Cvent’s products work to solve them.
• Collaborate with researchers, product managers, developers, content writers and other stakeholders to drive the experience of our applications.
• Design intuitive, modern, accessible products that are consistent with platform-level standards.
• Create high-quality workflows, information hierarchies, wireframes, mockups, prototypes and other UX deliverables to guide your design solutions.
• Write design specifications and work with engineers in an agile environment to ensure designs are implemented as intended.
• Participate in (and learn to lead) design collaboration sessions.
• Write and maintain UX documentation for work done on each project.
• Design with a platform mindset, understanding the relationships between each of Cvent’s products.
• Produce and validate multiple design solutions as you work towards a final design.
• Articulate your thinking as you present your work to senior designers and other stakeholders.
• Gather feedback and iterate on your designs as needed.
• Guide and mentor to team members.
What You Will Need for this Position:
• 8 – 10 years of overall work experience and 5 – 6 years of work experience as a UX practitioner in software, web and mobile environments, preferably in enterprise software.
• The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI) or a similar related field and has a passion for product design.
• Experience in design with a focus on software applications.
• A portfolio that demonstrates exceptional design skills and design thinking.
• Expertise in most commonly used professional design and prototyping tools like Adobe suite, Sketch, Invision, etc.
• A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns.
• Good understanding of the capabilities of HTML, CSS, and JS.
• The ability and desire to apply their creativity to a variety of projects.
• Sharp critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Good visual design capacity and/or understanding.
• Team handling experience is a nice to have skillset.
• Practitioner of user-centered design principles.
• Applicative knowledge of generative user research and summative usability testing.
• Confidence to take criticism productively and to defend your designs through logical reasoning when necessary.
• Ability to see the big picture but also pay attention to the details.
• A passion for improving people’s lives through design and technology.