Louisiana Department of State Civil Service PPMO Project Management - Supervisor in United States
PPMO Project Management - Supervisor
PPMO Project Management - Supervisor
Depends on Qualifications
Baton Rouge, LA
University of New Orleans
Please click here (https://ulsuno.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/UniversityOfNewOrleans/job/Baton-Rouge-La/PPMO-Project-Management---Supervisor_R-000148) to apply
• Manage projects that are assigned to the project management team to ensure that they are completed in accordance with the LDH Project Management Lifecycle. Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.• Assist in the development of policies and procedures pertaining to the LDH project management lifecycle.
• Work with LDH project leaders to become familiar with the Department's business processes and to identify, document and coordinate project tasks and timelines.
• Identify project resources and work with the LDH project personnel and contractors to assign individual responsibilities.
• Review deliverables prepared by the project team before passing them on to the client.
• Manage project schedules and lead meetings for assigned projects.
• Develop recruitment plans, selection, training, supervision, and professional development of assigned staff and new hires.
• Conduct an annual performance evaluation for each subordinate, setting future goals and strategies.
• Develop long and short range plans for staff organization.
• Develop standards, procedures, and best practices to ensure efficient and effective division operations.
• Other tasks as directed.
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• Minimum three years of professional experience in managing projects.
• Minimum one year of supervisory experience.
• Experience with project management software such as Microsoft Project, Microsoft Project Server or Microsoft SharePoint.
• Experience presenting information to technical and non?technical audiences.
• Excellent analytical skills, effective organizational and time management skills.
• Great attention to detail and follow up, and verbal/written communications skills.
• Advanced degree.
• Minimum four years of professional experience in managing projects.
• Minimum two years of supervisory experience.
• Minimum of two years of professional experience with LDH information systems or programs utilized by the department.
• CAPM, PMP, PgMP, PMl?ACP, PMl?RMP, PMl?SP, OPM3 or relevant industry certifications.
Please upload the following documents in the Resume/Cover Letter section.
Detailed resume listing relevant qualifications and experience;
Cover Letter indicating why you are a good fit for the position and University of Louisiana Systems;
Names and contact information of three references.
Applications that do not include the required uploaded documents may not be considered
Posting Close Date : This position will remain open until filled.
Note to Applicant:
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications in their cover letter. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
References will be contacted at the appropriate phase of the recruitment process.
This position may require a criminal background check to be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions at the University of New Orleans may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Benefits for unclassified employees are determined by the individual hiring authority.
State of Louisiana
For agency contact information, please refer to the supplemental information above. Louisiana State Civil Service, Louisiana, 70802
Please verify your email address Verify Email