PPD Operations Strategy Consultant / Lead in United States
Directly impacts the overall success of the proposal development process dedicated to the PerI Post Approval Research Operations from receipt through client decision through the development, leadership and ownership of operational strategies, bid defense, and accountability for all related operational proposal deliverables, resulting in an increased RFP hit rate, and positive business growth. Leverages all opportunities to achieve targets while enhancing customer relations. Primarily responsible for RFPs and supplemental documents for complex, multi-region, multi-service clinical development projects/programs, complex RFI's, partnership and prospective selling initiatives and related client deliverables.
Major Job Responsibilities:
- Converts commercial win strategy into operational strategy that maximizes RFP hit rate resulting in business growth for assigned area (TA or Segment); determines the level of proposal deliverable and key operations messages, and manages the triage process within clinical operations to meet proposal deliverables.
- Ensures budget reflects operational strategy and manages operations proposal deliverable in order to achieve PPD profitability targets.
- Drives the development of the operations segment of the proposal deliverable within prescribed timelines, disseminates operational strategy to proposal team and develops KPI's, ensuring a successful operations segment of the deliverable.
- Collaborates with therapeutic and cross functional leadership team to assess success and profitability and ability to execute to plan, assessing process and bidding algorithms.
- Partners with Clinical operations, Commercial organization and GPD to enhance proposal efficiency management in order to decrease COS.
- Directs operations escalation process and advises commercial strategy team.
- Assesses cross functional satisfaction and recommends future actions to ensure the overall success of the process and outcomes.
- Recommends and implements revisions for Clinical Operations post-award to successfully execute proposal.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
Proven leadership skills in a matrixed environment; proven ability to effectively influence executive/c-suite team members relative to contribution to client deliverables
Comprehensive understanding of the clinical project management, the business organization and functional areas and business strategy.
Excellent customer relationship management skills and strong commercial acumen
Ability to work in a high pressure/time sensitive environment including the ability to handle multiple issues on multiple projects simultaneously
Expertise in proposal development and demonstrated strategic planning skills
Strong organizational agility, negotiation skills, and demonstrated drive for resultsProven ability to build peer relationships and effective teams with demonstrated global and cultural awareness
Effective coaching, persuasion and mentoring skills
Excellent analytical skills, oral and written communications, strong attention to detail, prioritization and time management proficiencies
Comprehensive understanding of sponsor/CRO business practices and advanced knowledge of operational/financial practices, SOPs, GCPs, and FDA/ICH guidelines with the ability to analyze and evaluate processes and procedures
Exposure to high pressure, intense concentration needed
Must pay constant attention to detail-visual, mentalMust be able to multi-task constantly
Frequent interaction with clients / associates required
Long, varied hours required occasionally
Travel and rotating shifts required on rare occasions
Exposure to toxic materials on rare occasions
Standing and walking required daily
Lifting / carrying objects of 5-25 lbs. required daily
Crouching / stooping required frequentlyLifting / carrying objects of 26-50 lbs. required occasionally
Kneeling, twisting of upper body / neck, and pushing / pulling of items required occasionally
Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, disability or protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and/or local law.
Job: *Project Management
Organization: *US BU
Title: Operations Strategy Consultant / Lead
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 184697
PPD is an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength fosters and environment of mutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any other protected group
- PPD Jobs