Carlson Waginlit Travel Meeting & Event Planner in United States
Purpose of the role:
CWT Meetings & Eventsis a global, full-service meetings and events agency with over 30 years of experience providing innovative solutions for both strategic meetings and event management. We live, breathe and thrive on executing some of the most innovative events and finest meetings of all shapes and sizes.
We’re a community of 1,400 meetings and event experts spanning 68 countries and we are continuing to grow. We are always on the lookout for talented people to join us on our journey and help us to exceed both our own expectations, and those of our clients.
CWT M&E is seeking individuals with a passion for providing amazing experiences. If you are an enthusiastic event planner who thrives in an environment where communication, creativity, and teamwork are encouraged, this may be the opportunity for you.
In this exciting role,the Meetings & Events Planner, will own the planning and delivery of small and med-size meetings and events, with a specific focus on Medical Meetings (Congresses, Ad Boards, Investigator Meetings, Roundtables) as well as actively assist in program delivery elements for larger scale and more complex Congresses, utilizing standard processes and procedures to achieve client satisfaction. As an Event Planner, you will work independently and as part of a project team, leading all aspects of assigned program components from conception to execution of meetings and conferences. We are looking for highly organized, detail oriented individuals, who are flexible, have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects with tight deadlines. This role requires a high level of initiative, self-motivation, flexibility, creativity, and collaboration to be able to assists in the development, planning and execution of successful meetings and events.
This is an opportunity to get involved in our rapidly growing Meeting & Events team and grow professionally along with the business. We are looking for an experienced, rock star, events professional who can wrangle thousands of moving parts and is excited by the challenge of delivering creative and innovative programs.
- Project Management: o Determines purpose of the meeting, prepares a project plan with specifications, and obtains historical information related to program o Identifies stakeholder needs, prepares program outlined (topics, content, speakers), designs program details to meet needs of participants, identifies successful criteria for evaluation of meeting and determines technology requirements o Proactively escalates potential client, program, or delivery issues for timely resolution. Performs time tracks as requested by management
- Facilities & Services:* * o Owns or actively assists in determining the purpose of small and med-scale meeting, preparing a project plan with specifications, and obtaining historical information related to program. o Plans, orders, and oversees technology requirements o Conducts a pre-meeting briefing and post-con with suppliers and facility providers o Plans/creates agendas for site inspections
- Financial & Contract Management:* * o Identifies ancillary revenue sources and/or cost savings opportunities o Develops budget for meeting which may include vendor contract negotiations o Ensures completion of payment and/or billing process o Manages according to the budget o Conducts RFP process and determines fees for participation o Responsible for group reporting requirements o Ensures adherence to standard or client specific deposit terms, terms and conditions of client contract, and billing guidelines
- Logistics: o Establishes invitation/registration procedures, assesses risk management to determine insurance and operation needs, and determines exhibitor booth assignments/setup process o Secures and communicates transportation/travel arrangements o Determines setup for function rooms including seating and AV o Manages all food and beverage needs o Prepares and reviews housing reports in a timely manner o Coordinates shipping of materials o Complies with M&E technology usage as required
Program:* * o Secures speakers/entertainment and manages contractual relationship o Determines food and beverage requirements that support program objectives o Arranges ancillary programs in conjunction with the meetings including pre/post meeting activities o Provides program feedback to all stakeholders through summary and distribution program debrief notes for inclusion in account review o Travels onsite for assigned programs acting as the business lead meeting owner as required o Proactively escalates potential client, program, or delivery issues for timely resolution. o Performs time tracks as requested by management
Increases Meeting and Events industry knowledge by attending internal training, external events supplier presentations, and team meetings.
- Identifies upselling opportunities and action or informs manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience & education:
- College diploma or degree in related field
- 3-5 years of meeting and event management experience including at least 2 year of support mid-scale events.
- 3-5 years of Pharmaceutical Convention and Congress
- CMP or formal Project Management designation
Knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs)
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Attention to detail
- Customer service skills
- Negotiating skills
- Organizational skills
- Are able to work under pressure, cope with competing demands, establish priorities and deliver to fixed dates
- Facilitates collaborations with teammates to obtain support and knowledge
- Anticipates issues and proactively propose solutions
- Develops solid interpersonal relationships through strong communication and problem solving skills
- Can negotiate, influence, take risks and communicate with business leaders
- Foster diversity, be inclusive, think globally and drive engagement
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Cvent meeting technology tool required
- Project management procedures
- Travel industry knowledge preferred
Live and work by CWT values:
Job: *Event Planning
Organization: *Customer_Meetings & Events
Title: Meeting & Event Planner
Requisition ID: 24000031