Caliber Home Loans Lead Business Analyst - Coppell, TX in United States
Caliber Home Loans, Inc. is a full-service national mortgage lender and agency direct seller/servicer. Caliber originates loans through various channels and transaction types, including a network of retail branches, wholesale lending, correspondent and emerging banker lending, and a consumer-direct centralized operation specializing in a variety of loan programs for purchase and refinance such as conforming, jumbo, and government products. Caliber also offers innovative servicing solutions for both conforming and non-conforming loans. Caliber is led by a veteran senior management team that consists of mortgage banking professionals with a history of building successful national mortgage operations. Caliber is owned by Lone Star Funds, a global private equity fund.
Caliber is looking for a lead business system analyst to share their experience with our technology driven business analysis teams. This position will function as a lead of several projects/initiatives in the origination organization.
We are looking for a self-starter, team-oriented candidate, able to work in fast-paced environment and manage multi projects in parallel.
The lead BSA acts as primary point of contact for the team during development to clarify business requirements, resolve issues, and make recommendations. In this role you will not only represent the teams in larger product and projects overlaps and release discussions, but you will also apply your advanced knowledge of the mortgage process and best practices. As a leader you will provide subject matter expertise and operational support for specified applications and systems.
- Applies analytical skills to clarify and understand business needs and requirements and interprets them into functional specifications
- Understand and evaluate the various data sources and data itself to provide the best solution
- Deliver a range of artifacts supporting application functional analysis and design including current and future target state process flows, user stories, functional and technical specifications, dependency maps, and requirements traceability.
- Collaborate with other teams in release planning and sprint planning sessions.
- Partner with the business through UAT, training development, production deploy, and post-production release to ensure quality is maintained
- Establishes, facilitates, and applies continuous improvement for business systems analysis practices.
- Manage and regular refine the teams backlog (prioritization, issues, enhancements, BAU, projects).
- Manages and communicates across multiple levels of businesses
- Continuously looks for ways to improve and optimize the system processes in order to increase efficiency and productivity
- Responsible for peer reviews on analysis, impacted areas and accuracy.
- Cope with complex situation through deliberate analysis and planning
- Successfully lead multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Ensure compliance with Caliber policies, processes, and practices.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology, Software Engineering, Business or related field. (Or equivalent combination of a high school diploma and equivalent work experience)
- 8+ years of related functional experience in Business System Analysis
- 5+ years of mortgage experience with a deep and comprehensive understanding of the mortgage process across multiple channels and/or specialized to a core component of mortgage operations.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to develop a technical point of view, fostering buy-in, and adoption across business and technical teams.
Capabilities & Attributes
- Strong interpersonal skills; verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead with influence in a cross-functional, matrixed environment; develop and maintain effective relationships to enable required results.
- Strategic, forward thinker with the ability to problem solve at a strategic and tactical level.
- Strong analytical skills; effective decision-making skills; ability to appropriately exercise independent judgment.
- Client focused, blending strong execution skills and a results orientation.
- Strong project management skills with experience leading initiatives across a distributed organization structure.
- Effective at managing multiple priorities under tight deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; ability to organize time and resources to deliver consistent results for the business.
- Self-directed and comfortable working with ambiguity and uncertainty. Accountable; strong work ethic.
- Strong quality orientation with an attention to detail and accuracy. Integrity, ability to maintain and work with confidential information.
- High learning agility: demonstrated ability to quickly establish credibility, coupled with the ability to recognize and support the organization’s preferences and priorities