ATS Automation Junior Controls System Software Designer in United States
Junior Controls System Software Designer
Design and develop world- class automation solutions by contributing to machine concepts, design of control software, integration of software with electrical and mechanical systems, and process development. The programming and integration assignments involve leading-edge technologies and processes utilizing PLC’s, PC’s, robotics, motion controllers, vision systems, laser, and other controllers.
Participate in development and implementation of tools, methods, and modules ensuring standards maintained.
• Provide general input and guidance to all Controls engineering designers that are part of his/her team.
• Collaborate with Applications Engineering team in support of proposals and own the jobs won from concept to through-life support.
• Work with members of the Controls Engineering department and other teams to continuously improve methods and tools for integrating controls technology while driving enhanced safety and functionality and to ensure that cost and schedule budgets are adhered to or improved upon.
• Ensure scheduled milestones relating to controls engineering design and integration are achieved.
• Collaborate with Controls Managers to set goals and manage successful performance of his/her team members.
• Review and evaluate new controls related products to provide a cost effective and up-to-date controls solution.
• Work with team members, customers, project managers, designers, toolmakers, and electricians to solve problems and provide the customer with a product or service that fulfills their requirements.
• A post-secondary Engineering degree, diploma or equivalent, specializing in mechanical, electrical, systems or computer engineering.
• Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in automation industry.
• Strong programming, mechanical and electrical problem solving skills.
• Knowledge of Siemens or Rockwell Control Logics PLC Processors, Rockwell Panel view Plus HMI’s, and Rockwell Servo motors systems is a definite asset.
• Effective communicator both orally and in writing.
• Potential to lead a team or spearhead a project
• A demonstrated understanding of robotics, control systems, and machine operation with hands-on experience is desirable.
Join the Winning Team at ATS Automation, a great place to automate your future!Take your place among the best in the business, and grow your career with the Life Sciences division at ATS Automation. Join an environment where a passion for innovation is combined with an uncompromised commitment to quality.
We attract some of the most talented and motivated individuals from a range of fields, with our global offering and growth opportunities as we expand on a global scale.
Why Join ATS?
Be a part of a global organization that is a leader in its industry
Subsidized breakfast and lunch daily; free gourmet beverages - coffee, tea and hot chocolate. Plus, Treat Day is every other week!
Monthly “In-Chair Massage” clinic on-site with a Registered Massage Therapist
Ability to participate in a variety of charitable events
Social Club that offers BBQs and other social events throughout the year
Work with other bright, talented people and discover opportunities for professional growth
And much more!
ATS is in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA), 2005 and will, upon request, assist those who may require specific accommodations due to a personal disability. We would ask that those who require assistance to notify our offices as soon as possible if accommodation is necessary.
Apply now »
Start apply with LinkedIn