Molina Healthcare Dir, Process Improvement & Op Excellence in United States
Leads business process improvement initiatives that result in operational efficiencies and/or an increase in customer satisfaction. Assists in development of MHI's business process improvement methodology and in the implementation of a business process improvement capability.
• Defines program scope, establish approach for implementation and maintains program infrastructure
• Develop a method for assessing program effectiveness and a cadence for assessing and adjusting
• Develop approach for communication organizationally about the program
• Determine program support needs
• Gains agreement on process improvement opportunities to be undertaken and assists in the prioritization of approved initiatives/projects.
• Keeps abreast of current trends impacting Lean concepts/methodologies/tools to ensure that best practices are utilized in process improvement efforts.
• Coordinates and collaborates with Molina enterprise Operational Excellence team and health plan Operational Excellence teams
• Ensures appropriate alignment within the program with organizational Operational Excellence programs
• Manages the portfolio of projects, educational programs and coaching plan for the organization
• Develop managers and staff in lean principles, methodology and application through individual coaching, education and projects
• Explains and applies accepted methodologies (i.e. identify desired outcomes, analyze current processes/problems, collect/analyze relevant data, uncover root causes, develop performance/process improvement plan and implementation tactics, test recommendation and assess results.)
• Establish and maintain an education and coaching approach for all levels of staff. Continuously evaluates training and coaching needs of the organization as it relates to process improvement. Develops and maintains the necessary curriculum and supporting materials to education staff and leaders.
• Facilitates Lean improvement workshops in partnership with managers; develops and delivers presentations/education to mentor/coach various key leadership and management staff to promote awareness, understanding, acceptance and engagement of Lean concepts, methodologies and tools.
Bachelor's degree required in a related field (Business Administration, Healthcare, Engineering, etc.)
• 8 years' experience in healthcare
• 4 years of management level experience
• Understanding of all areas of health plan operations: claims processing, customer service/call center, provider contracting, benefit design and configuration, product development, membership accounting and enrollment, operational systems, provider contracting, authorizations/referrals, utilization management.
• Understands key revenue levers and cost drivers of business processes.
• Understands critical success factors for the industry.
• Experience designing and delivering solutions related to operational improvement functions.
• Strong leadership qualities and ability to get results.
• 6 years of healthcare related process improvement experience with demonstrable successes in application of Lean/Six-Sigma
• 10 years of process improvement experience
Preferred License, Certification, Association
LEAN certification and/or Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
To all current Molina employees: If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply through the intranet job listing.
Molina Healthcare offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V.
- Molina Healthcare Jobs