Combined Insurance Data Analytics Specialist in United States
Combined Insurance, a Chubb Company, is seeking a Data Analytics Specialist to join our fast-paced, high energy, and growing company. For nearly 100 years in the insurance industry, our company has been passionate about serving our customers and providing them peace of mind and protection when they need it the most. Come build your career here, along with other positive, hard-working, talented professionals—just like you!
This position will be responsible for optimizing the data and analytics strategy throughout the organization. He/she will help business leaders identify and prioritize business problems which can be effectively solved through sophisticated analytics. The Data Analytics Specialist will ensure that these solutions produce insights that our business leaders can interpret and execute on, and will drive adoption of the solutions through effective communication of anticipated benefits and execution.
This position requires an expert understanding of our business and key operational metrics that drive revenues and profits. The individual must possess strength in quantitative analytics and project management skills.
- Works with business unit leaders to identify and prioritize problems that can be solved through complex analytics
- Helps identify the appropriate data, whether internal or external, needed to produce the most useful insights
- Works with data engineers and data scientists to determine the appropriate modeling needed to design a workable solution
- Uses a working knowledge of automated intelligence, machine learning and other advanced analytics to convey business goals to data scientists who ultimately create the required models
- Understands the strengths of predictive modeling and use cases within the enterprise
- Knowledgeable of the types of models that are available and how they can be applied to solve business problems
- Has the ability to identify whether the company should build a model from scratch or whether an off-the-shelf outsourced solution is available
- Must be able to interpret model results and identify errors and/or inconsistencies which could negatively impact the business
- Ensures that the modeled solutions solve the business problem in way that can be understood by business leaders and implemented in existing processes
- Must direct analytics initiatives from an abstract idea through production and ultimately to adoption
- Synthesizes complex analytics-derived insights into easy to understand, actionable recommendations that the business users can execute on
- Ensures that analytics driven solutions are properly implemented in business operations and that expected benefits are achieved; drives adoption among business users
- Works with data visualization experts to determine best way to communicate and analyze results
- Responsible for the return on investment for analytics initiatives
- Responsible for continuous improvements based on user feedback and/or new data
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze large sets of data to find trends and identify problem areas
- Ability to be a hands-on leader, capable of performing as part of the executive team in a collaborative way
- Ability to partner with all levels within the organization to drive to completion a range of data analytics and business development initiatives to support the business through a period of rapid build-out and growth
- Demonstrated project management skills within a large insurance enterprise
- An entrepreneurial and innovative outlook as they relate to problem solving and business development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of five years of insurance experience in either finance, marketing, distribution, underwriting, claims administration or actuarial.
- SVP of Data Analytics and Optimization
As a Combined corporate employee, you have access to one of the most comprehensive benefit plans in the business, designed to meet your needs and help you reach your financial goals. Our Company is committed to supporting its employees with a comprehensive compensation package that is appropriate in the market where they work. Below are several of the many benefits we offer our employees:
A company-match 401(k) plan
Employee referral bonuses
ABOUT COMBINED INSURANCE
Combined Insurance is a leading provider of individual supplemental accident, disability, health and life insurance products. With a field sales force and corporate staff in excess of 5,000 people worldwide, Combined Insurance meets the growing coverage needs of policyholders around the globe. We pride ourselves on being customer-centric, people-driven, accountable, performance-minded, and ethical. We invest in our employees and take the time to focus on their development, needs and career aspirations.
Our parent company is one of the world’s largest multiline property and casualty insurers. With operations in 54 countries, the Company provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google
Job: *Risk Management and Analytics
Title: Data Analytics Specialist
Requisition ID: 338284