Navy Federal Credit Union Cyber Security Engineer V (Web Defense Engineer Akamai) in United States
YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
• WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2022 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Forbes® America's Best Employers
• Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
Navy Federal Credit Union is seeking a senior Cyber Security Engineer to implement the latest Botnet, WAF and Fraud detection technology and strategies to ensure the cybersecurity posture of the Navy Federal Credit Union enterprise is resilient, effective across the organization and scalable. Additionally, this position will provide cybersecurity engineering support to research, evaluate, design, implement, and maintain system and product solutions, applying knowledge of engineering principles. To provide technical direction and engineering support for projects and infrastructure. Develop and maintain expert functional knowledge of evolving IT engineering industry technologies/competition, concepts and trends.
• Remain available for on-call support for major outage issue related to Akamai or similar technologies.
• Leader in the implementation, development and integration of web attack, botnet, and fraud detection solutions.
• Develop fundamental understanding of Navy Federal products and its unique valve propositions.
• Be part of team that design, protects and manages, security services for companies’ global security infrastructure.
• Able to demonstrate strong written, oral and presentation skills with the ability to discuss highly technical concepts to all audiences, ranging from non-technical people to executive level technical decision-makers.
• Able to listen and collaborate with audiences ranging from IT administrators to executive level stakeholders to understand their requirements and position our tools to fulfill those requirements.
• Must be self-motivated and self-educating, yet willing and able to work collaboratively.
• Engage in technical design of solutions based on use cases and business requirements.
• Participate in proof of concepts and other technical evaluations of technologies, designs and solutions and provide recommendations.
• Stay abreast of emerging technologies and threats proactively assess and evaluate the adoption thereof into the organization.
• Supporting the development of cybersecurity requirements, design & architecture artifacts, plans and policies.
• Supporting defining security development and test efforts implementation of security controls of networking devices, databases, operating systems and hardware and software components.
• Understanding and integrating cybersecurity development activities.
• Performing analysis on cybersecurity data and test results.
• Collaborating with programs and engineering teams regarding cybersecurity solution and alternatives to those solutions.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience
• At least 10+ years of total experience in implementation, development and integration of ALB, web attack, WAF, KRS, ACE, CDN, Botnet, and fraud detection solutions.
• Domain expertise of network security sensors such as IDS, cloud security access broker (CSAB), Virtual Network security, DDOS protections, DNS, etc.
• Detail understanding of Virtual Network Technologies Routers, switches, Load Balancers, firewalls, proxy, etc.
• Good understanding and exposure to Cloud standards, architecture and models.
• Detail proficiency with Linux (or similar) operating systems.
• In depth understanding of TCP/UDP/ICMP/IP protocols.
• Experience with Splunk
• Experience with PKI, SSL, SSH, HTTPS, etc.
• Experience with NIST SP 800-41, 800-43A, 800-53A
• Experience with NIST Risk Management Framework.
• Experience with DISA STIG Hardening Standards.
• Experience with industry leading firewalls, proxy and load balancing solutions.
• Experience with network security concepts and principles.
• Experience with Server and Endpoint operating system security.
• CISSP, CCNP Security Certification a plus.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180 | 5550 Heritage Oaks Dr. Pensacola, FL 32526 | 141 Security Dr. Winchester, VA 22602 | Remote
Navy Federal is now hybrid! Our standard enterprise requirement for a hybrid schedule is to report on-site 4-16 days each month. The number of days reporting on-site will ultimately be determined by the employee's leadership and business unit needs. You will learn more throughout the hiring and on boarding process.
Salary Range: $116,200 - $213,000 annually
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
Posting End Date: 05/23/2023
Job postings are subject to close early or extend out longer than the anticipated closing date at the hiring team’s discretion based on qualified applicant volume.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
This position is eligible for the TalentQuest employee referral program. If an employee referred you for this job, please apply using the system-generated link that was sent to you.