AIG Claims Adjuster - Financial Lines in United States
Who we are
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Building on 100 years of experience, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement solutions, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security.
Get to know the business
General Insurance is a leading provider of insurance products and services for commercial and personal insurance customers. It includes one of the world’s most far-reaching property casualty networks. General Insurance offers a broad range of products to customers through a diversified, multichannel distribution network.
Our Claims professionals support AIG policyholders through some of the most trying times. When our clients face losses large and small, we step up to help them ease the financial burdens of catastrophic events like fires and hurricanes; we help them get their businesses back up and running again or recoup the value of a lost family heirloom or a prized possession. Our Claims team is an industry leader, drawing daily on its unparalleled levels of expertise to offer our clients the highest levels of stewardship to drive total cost of claim improvement and consistent outcomes. AIG manages claims using a wealth of technical and market knowledge about risks, business practices, and the ever-evolving legal and regulatory environment.
About the role
What you need to know:
Picture yourself building a successful career at AIG working alongside other talented, highly motivated individuals committed to reaching our goal of becoming the world’s leading insurance provider. We believe that our success depends on building world class claims teams. If you would like to be a part of our team, we invite you to consider putting your talents to work with the AIG Claims function. Claims at AIG are a combination of different functions, business divisions such as Life & Retirement and General Insurance, and Global Claims, which makes us unique at AIG. Our specialised lines of business such as Financial Lines are delivering on AIG's promise to our customers, our clients, our shareholders, and each other.
· Financial Lines Claims Adjuster, to deal with a mixed case load of financial lines claims including Professional Indemnity (PI) Financial Institutions (FI), Directors and Officers Liability, (D&O) and Cyber on a UK and global basis, from notification through to resolution of claims. The role will be client facing and in addition to coverage, legal liability and quantum analysis, will include interaction with brokers, insureds, external providers and internal stakeholders.
· Able to demonstrate experience in handling PI, FI/ D&O and Cyber claims.
· Able to handle and investigate all claims in accordance with company standards and procedures and demonstrate accurate and timely reserving.
· Promote compliance with best practice for all aspects of claims assessment/handling and actively promote and demonstrate principles of Treating Customers Fairly (TCF).
· Support to the Claims Manager and claims team on an ongoing basis and work closely with underwriters providing feedback on claims issues, wording and market trends.
· Proactively identify and review suspect/fraudulent claims on a consistent basis in line with company' internal requirements.
· Foster good relationships with internal and external customers and drive excellent customer service.
What we’re looking for:
· Candidates will have a successful track record in a combination of the following: PI, D&O and Cyber claims.
· You would have a detailed working knowledge of the legal and regulatory environment within which such claims are handled. A legal qualification or an experienced financial lines claims adjuster or litigator and possess a deep knowledge of commercial and civil law.
· Strong judgement with ability to make sound decisions.
· Excellent written and verbal communicator.
· Articulate and confident in a meeting/presentation environment.
· Strong negotiation skills and an ability to engage with claimants in a succinct and coherent manner.
· Self-motivated, proactive team member, while taking individual responsibility for an allocated case load.
A look at our Benefits
We're proud to offer a range of employee benefits and resources that help you protect what matters most - your health care, savings, financial protection and wellbeing. We provide a variety of leaves for personal, health, family and military needs. For example, our "Giving Back" program allows you to take up to 16 hours a year to volunteer in your community. Our global mental health and wellness days off provide all colleagues with a paid day off to focus on their mental health and wellbeing.
We also believe in fostering our colleagues' development and offer a range of learning opportunities for colleagues to hone their professional skills to position themselves for the next steps of their careers. We have a tuition reimbursement program for eligible colleagues to enhance their education, skills, and knowledge in areas that relate to their current position or future positions to which they may transfer or progress.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates are committed to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and its policies and procedures reflect this commitment. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories such as sexual orientation. At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
To learn more please visit: https://www.aig.com/about-us/diversity-equity-and-inclusion
AIG is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants and employees with physical or mental disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to complete any part of the application or hiring process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
CL - Claims
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Europe S.A. (U.K. Branch) & American International Group UK Ltd
At AIG, helping people discover new potential is our purpose. As a global risk leader, we do this for our clients every day. Through our deep expertise in their industries and our innovative solutions that help them smartly manage risk, we enable their growth in ways they never thought possible.
But we also do the same thing for our employees, because we know our people are our greatest strength-the source of every insight, every idea and every innovation. When we're working as one team to do what's right for our colleagues and our communities, we can achieve excellence together. We encourage colleagues to give back to the causes they care most about, supporting these efforts through our Volunteer Time Off and Matching Grants Programs.
Join our Talent Network (http://www.aig.com/careers/life-at-aig/join-the-talent-network) . Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com | YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/aig) | Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/AIGInsurance) | LinkedIn (http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig) .