Amicus Therapeutics Associate Medical Director Pompe in United States
Associate Medical Director Pompe
Location Remote (NJ)
Requisition ID 2222
# of openings 1
Apply Now (https://phh.tbe.taleo.net/phh04/ats/careers/v2/applyRequisition?org=AMICUS&cws=37&rid=1266)
Associate Medical Director Pompe
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Amicus Therapeutics is a global, patient-dedicated biotechnology company focused on discovering, developing and delivering high-quality medicines for people living with rare metabolic diseases.
The Associate Medical Director, Pompe (Pombiliti/Opfolda™) is a key member of the Pompe and Pombiliti/Opfolda medical team. Working directly with the Global Medical Lead, Pompe, the Associate Director supports the development and tactical execution of the agreed medical strategy globally.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Contributes to the Global Medical Affairs Plans in line with key Strategic Imperatives and supports the development of the Medical Strategy.
• Works within the Medical Team and cross-functionally to align strategy and present and discuss the corresponding medical tactics and activities.
• Work with Scientific Communications and Training Lead to create, review, approve materials needed for external medical engagement and to organize and deliver medical training as needed.
• Executes assigned projects to elaborate the current science, including literature searches and analysis as well as up to date competitor data.
• Drives planning and execution of medical events and activities according to budget and timelines. This includes Global Medical Advisory Boards and other types of meetings with experts requiring strong collaboration with internal stakeholders including, Legal and Compliance.
• Assists in planning and execution of studies (IISs, Company-sponsored research and the followMe Pompe registry study) requiring efficient cross-functional interactions with International Medical Affairs, Biostatistics, Pharmacovigilance, Clinical and Clinical Operations, and R&D.
• Conducts and leads data review and interpretation activities and contribute to development of abstracts and publications.
• Supports planning and execution of the publication strategy regarding data generation and dissemination in collaboration with the Publication Lead, other internal stakeholders such as R&D, Clinical Research & Operations, Pharmacovigilance, external authors, and vendors/agencies.
• Takes the lead on the development, review, revision, and approval for assigned publications in collaboration with the Medical Team, internal stakeholders, external authors, and vendors and agencies.
• Ensures strong KOL networking and involvement in all the key medical activities.
• Ensures compliant collaboration with cross-functional colleagues in Marketing, Market Access, Clinical, Patient and Professional Advocacy and others with the goal of ensuring alignment and coordination of activities.
• Contributes to medical congress planning and execution as needed.
• Interacts on a regular basis with the International Medical teams and Regional Medical Lead to ensure alignment regarding tactical implementation and to retrieve and report local medical insights. This is achieved through working with the Regional Medical Leads, regular medical meetings and touch points with local Country Medical Directors, generation of written communications such as scheduled emails, newsletters, etc.
• Plans and executes special projects like symposia, HCP meetings, new diagnostics projects and others as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND REQUIREMENTS
• MD, PhD, or PharmD, or equivalent based on years’ experience, clinically relevant training, and professional accomplishments
• Expertise in rare disease is a plus
• At least 2-5 years of experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry in medical/clinical development with experience working cross-functionally
• Experience with planning and coordination of medial events (e.g. Medical Advisory Boards, symposia, etc.)
• Experience with planning and execution of studies
• Experience with planning and execution of the publication strategy regarding data generation and dissemination
• Experience working with in a global medical team environment
Professional Work Experience
• Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Well-organized with the ability to be flexible and fluidly prioritize multiple demands.
• Excellent written communication skills
• Ability to objectively interpret and analyze medical and scientific data.
• Demonstrated passion for continual learning
• Ability to define and clearly convey complex concepts.
• Strong strategic thinking and decision-making abilities.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Collaborative and transparent leadership capabilities
• Organizational and vendor management skills
• Demonstrated alignment with Amicus Mission Focus Behaviors
• Passion for rare disease and patient focused
• Approx 20%
We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all. Our unique experiences, backgrounds and range of cultural perspectives enrich how we approach opportunities, pushing ideas as far and as fast as possible with patients always our top priority. Employee expertise, intelligence, and creativity drives our innovation, and our passion and commitment to excellence. Our “Three Pillars of DEI” are interwoven into our Amicus culture and expands one person, one word, and one act at a time. For our employees, these three pillars are a touchstone for inspiration, guidance, and encouragement.
Amicus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will judge all applicants based on their qualifications for the job, without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, disability status or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.