MetLife Accounting Consultant in United States
Relocation Assistance Available
Description and Requirements
Role Value Proposition :
To produce accurate and timely SEC filings, in the most efficient manner, while also exceeding the expectations for quality in financial reporting.
The position requires an understanding of SEC/GAAP reporting and period-ending reporting processes and procedures. The position is responsible for coordination and effective interaction with various levels of management across different departments within the organization, as well as the internal and external auditors. This is critical when meeting the internal and external reporting requirements and deadlines.
· Assist in the annual and quarterly preparation of the SEC filings for SEC registrants, to meet all reporting requirements and filing deadlines, as well as financial statements for certain non-SEC filers. This includes the preparation and review of financial statements and related filings, including disclosure support, XBRL tagging, etc.
· Assist in the preparation and resolution of on-going ad hoc requests and projects, including (i) accounting guidance adoptions, (ii) process improvement, (iii) enhanced reporting and (iv) technical research.
· Respond to other reporting requirements as necessary to support the reporting process and business decisions.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
· 5 to 7 years of experience with the preparation and review of GAAP financial statements required.
· Candidate must have strong oral and written communication, analytical and interpersonal skills and be able to interact in an effective manner with all levels of personnel.
· Time management, attention to detail and documentation skills are considered vital for this role. Requires a high degree of professionalism, sound judgment and discretion in communications with internal and external parties.
· Candidate must have demonstrated leadership competencies in current or historical roles.
· The ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment is critical.
· Candidate should possess strong facilitation skills with the ability to effectively communicate and build professional working relationships with senior management, line of business and functional area representatives and associates.
· The ability to work independently as well as in team environment, while managing multiple assignments simultaneously and having a strong service orientation is considered ideal.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Master’s degree and/or CPA designation highly preferred.
· Public accounting and/or SEC reporting experience highly preferred.
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
Equal Employment Opportunity/Disability/Veterans
If you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com. This information will be held in confidence and used only to determine an appropriate accommodation for the application process.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
- MetLife Jobs