PPD Sr Mgr Pharmacokinetics - Europe in United Kingdom
Sr Manager Pharmacokinetics - Europe
PPD is currently looking to hire an experience Senior Manager or Assoc Dir of Pharmacokinetics in Europe. The position can be office based in Cambridge, Bellshill (Glasgow) or Winchester - after COVID or fully home based in Europe. As a Sr Mgr you would serve as Pharmacokinetic Project Lead on large pharmacokinetic projects and/or development programs. You will also provide senior review on pharmacokinetic projects and supervise a group of pharmacokineticists. Main responsibilities include:
- Manages staff, which may include interviewing and selection, professional development, performance management, coaching and mentoring.
- Reviews clinical pharmacology deliverables and documents related to project activities.
- Mentors pharmacokineticists and clinical pharmacology staff on concepts and applications of pharmacokinetics in drug development.
- Provides first level of PPD management communication with clients.
- Provides oversight for strategic client relationships, and/or oversight for significant client portfolios
- Assists with the scheduling of pharmacokinetic activities in the department and assists with the management of project schedules.
- Ensures the effective resource and utilization management of staff.
- Develops and revises department SOPs and guidelines for the conduct, analysis and reporting of clinical pharmacology and pharmacokinetic trials.
- Participates in bid activities and business development presentations.
- Represents the department in interactions with internal and external representatives, including PPD Senior Management, regarding clinical pharmacology business and activities.
- Assists senior management team on departmental decision making, marketing activities and process improvement.
To be considered for the role you should have the following Education, Experience and Skills:
- Minimum Bachelors Degree
- 8 years of PK experience
- 2 years of management responsibility
- Evidence of strong staff management skills and proven ability to supervise a group of staff
- Ability to effectively mentor and motivate staff to promote teamwork in a multi-disciplinary team setting
- Evidence of strong project management skills, as shown through the successful management of multiple projects
- Demonstrated ability to manage change and uncertainty to optimize positive outcomes
- Knowledgeable of regulatory guidelines as related to clinical pharmacology and pharmacokinetics areas of the drug development
- Demonstrated knowledge of the drug development process
- Strong theoretical background in pharmacokinetics with experience in pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics
- Understanding and demonstrated mastery of pharmacokinetics activities in drug development
- Able to apply pharmacokinetic theory and concepts using relevant software such as WinNonlin, NONMEM, SAS, S-Plus, R, or other pharmacokinetic packages
- Demonstrated initiative and motivation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognise the power of being one team. We understand that you will want to grow both professionally and personally throughout your career, and therefore at PPD you will benefit from an award-winning learning and development programme, ensuring you reach your potential.
As well as being rewarded a competitive salary, we have an extensive benefits package based around the health and well-being of our employees. We have a flexible working culture, where PPD truly value a work-life balance. We’ve grown sustainably year on year but continue to offer a collaborative environment, with teams of colleagues eager to share expertise and have fun together. We are a global organisation but with a local feel.
We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing -We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you
Organization: *GB BU
Title: Sr Mgr Pharmacokinetics - Europe
Requisition ID: 188691
PPD is an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength fosters and environment of mutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any other protected group
- PPD Jobs