Marriott Kitchen Porter (32 hours / week) in United Kingdom
Job Number 21038985
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Preston Marriott Hotel, Garstang Road, Lancashire, LANCASHIRE, United Kingdom VIEW ON MAP (https://www.google.com/maps?q=Preston+Marriott+Hotel%2CGarstang+Road%2CLancashire%2CLANCASHIRE%2CGB)
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type Non-Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels , Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Operate and maintain cleaning equipment and tools, including the dish washing machine, hand wash stations pot-scrubbing station, and trash compactor. Wash and disinfect kitchen and store room areas, tables, tools, knives, and equipment. Receive deliveries, store perishables properly, and rotate stock. Ensure clean wares are stored in appropriate areas. Use detergent, rinsing, and sanitizing chemicals in the 3-compartment sink to clean dishes. Inspect, pull, and stack cleaned items, send soiled items back for re-scrubbing and re-washing. Rack and spray all racked items with hot water to loosen and remove food residue. Sort, soak, and wash/re-wash silverware. Breakdown dirty bus tubs. Empty and maintain trashcans and dumpster area. Clean and mop all areas in assigned departments. Dispose of glass in the proper containers. Break down cardboard boxes and place them and other recyclables in the recycle bin.
Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications. Protect company assets. Speak with others using clear and professional language. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Benefits with Marriott
• Discounted Travel Stays around the Globe across our leading brands
• Pension Scheme (Peoples Pension & Aegon)
• Life Assurance
• Private Medical Scheme (Available to Managers and their Family)
• Worldclass Training (Managers receive levy funded training annually)
• Apprenticeship Opportunities available up to Level 7 currently
• Career & Development Opportunities for example Taskforce in other properties
• Access to Salary Extras providing discounted Benefits on various retail outlets – saving £££
• Discounts on F&B outlets where applicable
• Spa Discounts where applicable
• Access to Gym / Leisure Facilities on site
• Employee Assistance Programme available to you and members of your Household
• Wellbeing Initiatives & Associate Celebrations including annual events such as AAW, Xmas Party etc
• Recognition Programmes – AOM/AOQ/TOQ
• Service Recognition Programmes & Quarter Century Club
• Recommend a Friend Incentive Scheme
• Gratuities / Service Charge where applicable
• Bonus Schemes where applicable
• Online Store – 30% Discount on Beds, Pillows @SHOPMARRIOTT
• Flexible Contracts where applicable
• Dry Cleaning where applicable
• Free Uniform provided
• Free Parking as applicable
• Meals on Duty
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
- Marriott Jobs