PPD Biostatistics Director in France
Biostatistics Director - Europe (£10,000 Joining Bonus)
We are vital links between an idea for a new medicine and the people who need it. We are the people of PPD — thousands of employees in locations worldwide connected by tenacity and passion for our purpose: to improve health. You will be joining a truly collaborative and winning culture as we strive to bend the time and cost curve of delivering life-saving therapies to patients.
Our Biostatistics department are passionate about being data and technically agile, and driving enhanced value for our clients and patients. Determined to improve patient health, we help PPD provide industry-leading statistical, programming and clinical pharmacology contributions through global delivery, consistent quality adherence and scientific insight.
Due to a period of sustained growth, we are currently looking to hire an experienced Bios Director to join the Biostats department in the UK/Europe. As a Bios Dir, you will provide operational leadership for the department in particular for segments of client business.
- Evaluates workloads, resources, processes and technologies for efficient operation of the department.
- Ensures systems are in place to produce quality work efficiently, allowing for continual growth of department.
- Consults with project teams, sponsors and other clients/agencies on project-related issues.
- Supports people managers with interviewing and selection, job description preparation, professional development, goal setting and performance management.
- Assures department adherence to good scientific, ethical and regulatory standards.
- Acts as senior reviewer on multiple projects, manages project team resources, budget, finance, timelines and ensures SOP compliance with appropriate documentation. •
- Serves in a project oversight role for portfolios of client work and acts as the oversight on studies to represent the study(s) to all functions as needed, with client, and fully accountable for all aspects of the management of risk.
- Informs senior leaders of department activities, accomplishments and needs.
- Participates in long-range strategic planning, development of departmental business plan, and departmental budget.
- Prepares for bids, marketing and business development.
- Communicates company and department policies and priorities to department staff and assuring compliance.
- Ensures appropriate personnel resources are applied to department projects based on priorities and relative complexity.
- Provides statistical consultation on projects.
- Participates in project development and FDA meetings concerning investigational and marketed drugs assigned to the department.
To be considered for the role you should have the following qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics or related field
- 12 years of experence in Biostatistics
- Extensive project leadership experience gained within a CRO
- Proficient ability to mentor senior staff to direct and promote teamwork in a multi-disciplinary team setting
- Superior leadership skills, as shown through management of multiple projects and proven ability to mentor and motivate staff
- Demonstrated initiative and motivation
- Superior written and verbal communications skills, including in English
- Positive attitude and the ability to work well with others
- Capable of delegating tasks and facilitating the completion of assignments
- Skilled at driving innovation in developing new ideas related to process improvements
- Comprehensive organizational, judgment, analytical, decision-making and interpersonal skills
- Capable of independently assessing sponsor needs and working with project team members in producing compliant deliverables
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognise the power of being one team. We understand that you will want to grow both professionally and personally throughout your career, and therefore at PPD you will benefit from an award-winning learning and development programme, ensuring you reach your potential.
As well as being rewarded a competitive salary, we have an extensive benefits package based around the health and well-being of our employees. We have a flexible working culture, where PPD truly value a work-life balance. We’ve grown sustainably year on year but continue to offer a collaborative environment, with teams of colleagues eager to share expertise and have fun together. We are a global organisation but with a local feel.
We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing -We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.
Organization: *GB BU
Title: Biostatistics Director
Requisition ID: 188294
Other Locations: Portugal, France, Bulgaria, Spain, Hungary, Italy, Poland
PPD is an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength fosters and environment of mutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any other protected group
- PPD Jobs