House of Blues Venue IT Support in Virginia Beach, Virginia
Who Are We?
Live Nation Entertainment is the world’s leading live entertainment and eCommerce company, comprised of four market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, Front Line Management Group and Live Nation Network.
As the largest producer of live music concerts, Live Nation Concerts operates over 45 venues across the United States. For additional information, visit http://www.livenationentertainment.com/.
Who Are You?
Employees have a leading role in the service experience our guests have. The extent to which we recognize our employees for service well done, is the extent to which they will care not only for the guests, but for each other.
That’s why SAFETY for employees and guests is our first priority. We show CARE around every corner and look to create ENCORE moments of service excellence for everyone. And our commitment to EFFICIENCY, is our way of staying well-organized. So join us! We need these kinds of skills and talents as we Create Once in a Lifetime Experiences for our Fans.
The Concerts Technology team is looking for highly motivated, passionate, and enthusiastic individuals who are interested in providing on-site IT support at Live Nation events and venues across the country. As a Venue IT Support Representative, you can expect to gain real-world experience and an intimate understanding of IT service delivery concepts as you learn valuable operational and procedural skills and develop your troubleshooting abilities in an exciting/dynamic industry.
As a Venue IT Support Representative, the successful candidate will
• Provide onsite IT troubleshooting assistance as needed to venue administrative, operations and production staff.
• Identify, track and help to resolve persistent issues, and ensure venue technology problems, issues, or needs are reported to appropriate remote support or service delivery teams, following established escalation procedures.
• Act as an onsite liaison with remote IT support teams troubleshooting reported issues with venue technology
• Be the onsite contact and provide guided access for visiting IT service or support providers
• Provide onsite assistance to tour production by helping to establish artist Internet connectivity or otherwise fulfill the terms of artist/tour IT riders prior to and on “day of show.”
• Provide proactive “day of show” IT event support by ensuring there are no outstanding IT hardware/software issues with point of sale or access control technologies prior to gates opening for fans.
• Assist with deployment, inventory management, and maintenance of onsite IT equipment including POS terminals.
• Develop, demonstrate and leverage a comprehensive understanding of venue network connectivity and deployed technologies.
• Participate as needed with seasonal IT preparation and validation, as well as shutdown and winterization.
• Assist with the extension of existing venue IT infrastructure or implementation of new infrastructure to support special events such as festivals or private events.
· Experience with and in-depth knowledge of Apple iOS, MS Windows, and network technologies is preferred
· Strong communication skills (oral and written) paired with a professional communication style
· Self-motivated, capable of independent reasoning and troubleshooting
· Highly organized and strong attention to detail
· Must be a reliable and dependable team player with ability to work independently and under little supervision
· Must be able to adapt to a constantly changing and at times stressful work environment
· Must possess a valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle, and a clean driving record
· This position requires flexibility with scheduling; including the ability to accommodate evening and weekend on-call shifts, holidays, as well as extended hours for events and summer festivals. Availability to consistently provide event support is a requirement of this role.
· (Note: Shifts may change to meet business needs).
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online at http://www.livenation.com/careers/index.html to join the Live Nation Entertainment team today!
Recognized three years in a row by Great Place to Work® and named one of People Magazine’s top 50 Companies that Care, Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.
We recognize that our most important assets are our employees, the rock stars who keep the live experience going. Generous vacation, healthcare, and retirement benefits are just some of the great perks we offer to support our global workforce of more than 38,000. For any stage in your career, our many unique benefit programs are designed to help you live life to the fullest. We offer student loan repayment to support recent grads, six months of paid caregiver leave to support new parents, perks like Roadie Babies (bring your little ones & a caretaker along with you on work trips) and Music @ Home (stipend to cultivate your little ones’ music interest), and tuition reimbursement to fuel your ongoing professional development. Plus, working for the world's largest live event and ticketing company means you'll have access to free concerts, festivals, sports games, and more through our exclusive employee ticket concierge.
There is no bigger stage for your career. See what your future looks like at Live Nation Entertainment.