NextCare, Inc. PHYSICIAN in Victoria, Texas
NextCare Urgent Care is looking for an energetic and enthusiasticpart-time or full-timePhysician to to join our Provider team in Victoria or Port Lavaca, Texas!
The hours for this locations do vary depending on the clinic. In most cases you will be required to work 12 hour shifts during the week with occasional weekends and possibly holidays shifts
The Physician is responsible for the following:
• Evaluating and treating patients in accordance with clinical best practices for an urgent care and/or occupational health setting.
• Providing compassionate and respectful patient care consistent with NextCare services, values and mission statement.
• Treating all patients who present to the clinic appropriately and discuss the treatment plan with the patient ensuring there is a clear understanding of the next steps.
• Documenting care utilizing the electronic documentation system.
• Taking personal responsibility for appropriately coding and billing for care rendered.
• Delivering exemplary care and act in a legal and ethical manner.
• Maintaining clinical productivity consistent with peers and industry standards for a similar setting.
• Follow up on patient care as indicated.
• Supervising APP’s (Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners) as per NextCare and State regulated guidelines.
The Physician supports the organization by providing exemplary patient care thereby creating valuable relationships within the community to contribute to the continued success of NextCare.
A Physician must have the following to work for NextCare:
Active and unrestricted Colorado medical license
Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine diploma
Completion of Residency, preferably in family medicine or emergency medicine
Current Specialty Board Certification
Must be comfortable with all age groups
DOT Certificationmay be required/is required. If you are not currently certified, we will register you for the training at no cost to you
Must be able to work occasional weekends and holidays, the amount of these shifts will depend on the work location
Additional preferred but not required skills are:
Experience with initial x-ray interpretation prior to over-read from the Radiologist
Board certification in family medicine, emergency medicine and/or occupational medicine his highly desired
Previous experience in family practice, urgent care, emergency medicine or full-service walk in medical clinic