Experience Inc. Jobs

Job Information

Department of Defense Education Activity Educational Aide / Educational Aide (Kindergarten) / Educational Aide (Sure Start) in Vicenza, Italy

Summary About the Position: This position is located in one of three locations: Vicenza Elementary, Middle or High School. All candidates must reside within the local commuting area where the position is located. Local commuting area is defined as the geographic area surrounding a work site that encompasses the localities where people live and reasonably can be expected to travel back and forth daily to work based on the generally held expectations of the local community. (5 CFR 575.203) Responsibilities Preparing instructional materials related to classroom lessons Accompanying/supervising students on field trips Grading/providing testing results using identified scoring techniques Providing tutoring to students in all subject areas Distributing/collecting testing materials as needed by students Monitoring students during various phases of school day Requirements Conditions of Employment Qualifications Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. IF YOU ARE A CURRENT DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE EDUCATION ACTIVITY (DODEA) CIVILIAN EMPLOYEE: You are eligible to apply as a current Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA) employee if you meet one of the categories below: CIVILIAN EMPLOYEES IN COMPETITIVE or EXCEPTED SERVICE SERVING ON A PERMANENT APPOINTMENT: You must submit: A copy of your most recent SF50, Notification of Personnel Action. Block 24 of your SF50 must be a "1" or "2" AND block 34 must be a "1". IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR MILITARY SPOUSE PREFERENCE: You must submit acceptable documentation of your appointment eligibility which may include the following: A copy of the service member's permanent change of station orders, including a statement authorizing the spouse to accompany the member to the permanent duty station, the specific location to which the member is assigned, reassigned, or transferred to permanent change of station orders, and the effective date of the permanent change of station; and Verification of the marriage to the service member if not listed on orders (i.e., a marriage license or other legal documentation verifying marriage); Verification of the member's 100 percent disability; and/or Verification of the member's death while on active duty. IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR OVERSEAS FAMILY MEMBER PREFERENCE (FMP): You must submit: - A copy of sponsor's permanent change of station orders with effective date of the permanent change of station, AND - Proof of relationship if not listed on orders (i.e. marriage license, birth certificate, etc.) IF YOU ARE ELIEIBLE FOR PRIORITY PLACEMENT PROGRAM (PPP) DOD MILITARY RESERVE (MR) AND NATIONAL GAURD (NG) TECHNICIAN: You must submit a copy of the Military Reserve and National Guard Technician PPP Self-Certification Checklist and copies of the appropriate documentation, such as the notification letter you received showing you are no longer eligible for military or NG membership (through no fault of your own) and that you have completed at least 15 years of technician service and a minimum of 20 years of service creditable for non-regular retirement. IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR PRIORITY PLACEMENT PROGRAM, DOD MILITARY SPOUSE PREFERENCE (MSP): You must include a copy of the Military Spouse PPP Self-Certification Checklist along with the documents identified on the checklist to verify your eligibility for MSP, such as PCS orders/verification of duty location assignment and a copy of marriage certificate or license. IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR PRIORITY PLACEMENT PROGRAM, DOD MILITARY RESERVE (MR) AND NATIONAL GUARD (NG) PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE TECHNICIAN RECEIVING DISABILITY RETIREMENT: You must submit a copy of the Military Reserve and National Guard Technician Disability PPP Self-Certification Checklist and copies of the appropriate documentation, such as the notification letter you received that states you are no longer eligible for Reserve membership due to a service-connected disability. Current Competitive Service Civilian DoDEA Employee within the Commuting Area Current Excepted Service DoDEA Employee within the Commuting Area Family Member Preference (FMP) for Overseas Employment Military Spouse Preference (MSP) for Overseas Employment Priority Placement Program, DoD Military Reserve (MR) and National Guard (NG) Technician Eligible Priority Placement Program, DoD MR and NG Preference Eligible Tech Receiving Disability Retirement Priority Placement Program, DoD Retained Grade Preference Eligible In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. General Experience: One year of general experience. General experience is progressively responsible clerical, office, or other work that indicates ability to acquire the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of an Educational Aid / Educational Aid (Kindergarten) / Educational Aid (Sure Start), such as preparing letters, schedules and other documents through the use of a personal computer, or assisting with the preparation of instructional materials. OR Education: Two years of education above the high school level obtained in an accredited business, secretarial or technical school, junior college, college or university. OR Combination of Education and Experience: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. To compute the percentage of the requirements, divide your total months of experience by 12. Then divide your semester hours of by 60. Add the two percentages. You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas: Communications and Media Standards Teaching Others Education Foreign Degrees and Course Work from Non-accredited Institutions. Foreign Degrees and Course Work from Non-accredited Institutions. Credits or degrees earned from a foreign college or university must be evaluated prior to acceptance. Three evaluation procedures are acceptable: a. The work must be evaluated and interpreted by a current member of National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). This website provides a list of current organizations who can perform your evaluation. You must select and work directly with one of these organizations. b. The foreign institution that awarded the degree is on a list endorsed by a regionally accredited university or on a list endorsed by a state department of education for the purpose of teacher certification in that state (this procedure will require an English translation of the transcript and a copy of the document awarding the degree, together with an authenticated list produced by an American university or a state department of education); and c. The work may be evaluated by the graduate division of a regionally accredited university and declared the equivalent of similar undergraduate or graduate work in a U.S. institution. Graduates of non-accredited institutions may have their undergraduate work validated by admittance to graduate school and completion of a minimum of 5 SH of credit in a regionally accredited graduate college. Failure to provide all the required information as stated in the vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating. Additional Information Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement. Applicants must comply with the Exceptional Family Member Program requirements as outlined in the DoD Instruction 1315.19. Applicants who have family members with special medical needs should ensure that prior to accepting a position overseas their family members' medical needs can be met. Access to care in a military treatment facility may not be available to civilian employees except on a space available basis. Consequently, host nation medical facilities may be the only care available. The availability and level of care at host nation medical facilities will vary by location. Employees (and family members) who require medical or dental care in the overseas location will be responsible for obtaining and paying for such care. Access for civilian employees and their families to military medical and dental treatment facilities is on a space-available and reimbursable basis only. Medical and dental care may be provided by host nation providers. The availability and level of care at host nation medical and dental facilities will vary by location. For positions in a foreign country, that country's laws or international agreements may have a direct impact on the ability of an employee's same sex domestic partner or spouse to accompany the employee and receive certain benefits. If you believe you may be affected by these laws and agreements, you should familiarize yourself with relevant information before applying for or accepting this position. Applicants with a disability who need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should notify David Walton ra@dodea.edu School year part-time seasonal work schedules include periods in a non-pay/non-duty status during the holidays and spring and summer recess periods, meaning no pay is received during these periods. Also, you will not receive pay for days where the Supervisor determines you are not required to report. Part-time employees are entitled holiday pay when the holiday falls on a day otherwise required to work or take leave. Applicants must be U.S. citizens who are not considered Ordinarily Resident under the applicable Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA). An ordinarily resident is anyone who has lived in the host country longer than the allowed number of days without being a member of the forces assigned, civilian component or a family member of either the aforementioned or who has obtained a work permit for any duration. Ordinarily Resident restrictions apply and vary depending on the host nation. You will find additional information about this vacancy in the How You Will Be Evaluated section.