Vermont Employer Mechanical Repair Technician I FAA - $3,500 Hiring Bonus Eligible in Vergennes, Vermont
This job was posted by https://www.vermontjoblink.com : For more information, please see: https://www.vermontjoblink.com/jobs/1092896
- \$3,500 Sign on Bonus*
- Eligible for Annual Increases
- Competitive Benefits Package, including first day Medical Benefits
- This position is for 1stshift.
- Monday Friday 7:00AM 3:30PM
- Overtime available on a business need basis.
- Demonstrate safe work habits & maintain a clean & professional work area & participate in daily cleaning activities
- Utilize various computer systems by entering & retrieving information to perform daily activities
- Assume the responsibility of completing the work assigned in a quality and timely manner under direct to moderate supervision
- Work to specifications and use all required tools and equipment to perform assigned work according to FAA and company regulations
- Other responsibilities not listed required by the manager
- Solder certification or ability to obtain within 6 months.
- Familiar with all types of hand tools.
- Ability toread and understand blueprints and follow detailed instructions.
- Work in a fast paced repair environment.
- Ability to understand output goals and speak to management daily.
- Work without direct supervision to complete daily goals.
- Typically requires a High School diploma or GED and minimum of 1 year of relevant experience. In the absence of a HS diploma or GED, 3 years of relevant experience is typically required.
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident \'Green Card\' holder.
- Minimum of 2 years of repair or manufacturing experience
Collins Aerospace, an RTX company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio, and expertise to solve customers\' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military, and government customers complete their most complex missions whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft, and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you\'ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Collins Aerospace Diversity and Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation: inclusion drives success.We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE:
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Ovia Health, fertility, and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand
- Adoption Assistance
- Second Opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug scr en.
This position falls under the FAA Drug and Alcohol Program. FAA regulations require that the candidate identified for this position will be subjected to random drug and alcohol testing while in this role.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And t