Mackenzie Health REGISTERED NURSE - EMERGENCY - CVH in Vaughan, Ontario
Registered Nurse - Emergency
Permanent Full Time position
There’s never been a better time to join Mackenzie Health! As we prepare to open our state-of-the-art Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital, and continue to operate Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital, we have many opportunities available for Registered Nurses who share our commitment to quality, patient-centred care. Ultimately, this is where you want to be.
As a Registered Nurse, you’ll use a patient- and family-centred approach in providing holistic, quality and safe care to patients within the scope of practice identified by the College of Nurses of Ontario, evidence-based nursing practices and the standards set by Mackenzie Health. Working independently and collaboratively as part of the interprofessional care team, you’ll contribute to creating a world-class health experience for patients and their families, by demonstrating professionalism at every turn, upholding our values of excellence, leadership and empathy, and exemplifying our Commitment to Caring.
If this sounds like you, and you’re prepared to work days, nights, evenings and weekends (11.25-hour shifts) at any of our sites to meet patient care needs in Emergency, keep reading.
Contribute to safe, quality care by
• Managing a workload effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• Addressing and resolving issues in a productive, respectful manner.
• Exercising sound professional judgment and using best practice guidelines.
• Contributing to a safe, inclusive environment for all through compliance with patient and staff safety policies and procedures.
What must you have?
• Current Certificate of Registration in the General Class with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
• Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification.
• Proven clinical experience with patient-focused care, including strong patient assessment, care planning, patient education and documentation skills.
What else do you bring?
• Excellent interpersonal, listening, and verbal and written communication skills in English, with an ability to deliver information and work effectively with patients, families and colleagues.
• Demonstrated strong decision-making, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative and adjust to new or unexpected events.
• Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
• Familiarity with the Regulated Health Professions Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, WHMIS, and the Standards of Practice of the College of Nurses of Ontario.
Preferably, your profile also includes:
• Baccalaureate degree in Nursing from an approved nursing program.
• Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS).
• Membership in the Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario (RNAO)/Canadian Nurses Association (CNA).
• 2 – 3 years acute nursing experience.
• 1 year Emergency, Critical Care or Telemetry experience.
• Coronary Care Course 1 preferred or commitment to completing within 1 year of date of hire.
• Coronary Care Course 2.
• PALS preferred or commitment to complete within 1 year of date of hire.
• Crisis Prevention Intervention course preferred/ GPA or similar course.
• TNCC, ENPC or Triage Certification.
• Experience working with electronic medical records.
Experience a place where people come first
As a health care leader serving a population of more than half a million people, Mackenzie Health offers a dynamic, supportive environment of respect and continuous learning. A place where all staff are valued, can engage in meaningful work as part of a friendly, diverse team and use best-in-class technology to provide exceptional patient care. Experience a place where people come first. Experience Mackenzie Health – your ultimate career destination.
*This position is represented by ONA
Mackenzie Health is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration for an interview will be contacted.
Competition Number: 2021-5001
Shift: Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends
Job Title: PATIENT CARE MANAGER