Indium Corporation Ergonomics Engineering Intern in Utica, New York
Position Summary :
The Ergonomics Engineering Intern will assist the Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Team to identify sources of musculoskeletal injuries and develop solutions to mitigate the hazard. The intern is responsible for performing ergonomic-related project work under the guidance of Indium Corporation’s EHS Team. We are looking for an individual who has a passion for engineering and wants to get hands-on experience with a global material science organization.
• Reviewing of ergonomic studies on best practices that can be utilized.
• Conducting Ergonomic Lift assessments for each job position that is in accordance to the NIOSH Lifting Equation.
• Identifying and implementing ergonomic solutions based on the Ergonomic Lifting assessment.
• Coordinating with stakeholders to implement ergonomic solutions.
• Testing ergonomic solutions for effectiveness.
• All interns must be active college students who have completed their freshman year and are enrolled in courses for the Fall semester of 2024.
• Pursuing a degree in Occupational Health & Safety, Industrial, Environmental, or Sustainability Engineering, or another related field.
• Microsoft Office Experience required.
• Keen observation skills with excellent attention to detail.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Duration: June 3, 2024 – August 9, 2024
Shift: M-F, 8:00am-5:00pm
Location: Utica , NY
Wage Range: $17 - $21