The Arc Erie County NY Financial Accountant in USA ● Williamsville, New York
Buffalo, NY, USA ● Williamsville, NY 14221, USA
Monday, September 20, 2021
The Arc Erie County New York has been supporting children and adults with disabilities, and their families in achieving their desired quality of life by creating opportunities through comprehensive services for over 65 years.
Performs accounting and analysis for all related entities of the Agency including, but not limited to, general ledger coding, account reconciliations, and budget variance research and reports.
Job Duties and Responsibilities: · Performs all accounting functions including but not limited to account reconciliations, budgets, cash flow, and financial analysis.
· Performs financial expense analysis and investigation.
· Responsible for preparation of periodic account reconciliations for Agency balance sheet accounts including bank reconciliations.
· Works with grant and department staff on creating grant budgets, billings and reconciliations. Maintains a grant schedule to monitor and share with respective staff.
· Works with the payroll department to ensure accurate and timely entry into the accounting software and reconcile payroll activity with bank activity.
· Reviews and formats payroll reports to meet management, funding source, and accounting software specifications.
· Prepares annual audit schedules.
· Assists Controller/Financial Analyst with budget and CFR preparation.
· Responsible for monitoring projects/fixed assets accounts to ensure timely entry into the Fixed Asset module and accounting software. Maintains reconciliation schedules and completes monthly depreciation entries.
· Prepares and submits HUD annual budgets, monthly HAP vouchers, Annual REAC filings. Maintains HUD reporting system. Maintains annual training on HUD requirements.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
General business skill, sound accounting knowledge, and analytical ability are essential for this position. Knowledge of financial accounting and record keeping practices; an intermediate level of skill using excel; ability to follow oral and written directions and accurately prepare correspondence, reports and other materials from general directions; good judgment in financial record keeping procedures; ability to maintain confidentiality of records. Non-profit accounting experience would be beneficial but is not required.Bachelor’s Degree with major in accounting or related field.
Associates degree in accounting or related field with three years direct experience
A valid New York State Driver’s License is required.
The Arc Erie County New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job Family Arc Erie
Pay Type Hourly
Travel Required No
Required Education Associate Degree
Buffalo, NY, USA
Williamsville, NY 14221, USA