RR Donnelley Senior Financial Analyst - Cost Accountant in US - Remote, United States
Develop, interpret and implement financial concepts for financial planning, forecasting, modeling and internal controls. Perform in-depth, complex technical analysis to determine present and future financial performance. Gather, analyze, prepare and summarize recommendations for financial plans, acquisition activity, trended future requirements and operating forecasts. Perform economic research and studies in the areas of rates of return, depreciation/amortization, working capital requirements, investment opportunities, investment performance and impact of governmental and industry requirements. Act as a mentor to the junior level analysts.
Responsibilities:Work is typically performed under no supervision, with only guidance about overall goals and objectives. Usually receive minimal to no guidance about how to complete work objectives. Must be able to define work based on evaluation of short term and long term goals of the department. Able to independently evaluate processes, identify areas of improvement, and incorporate in to overall work objectives.
Prepares and analyzes income and balance sheet statements, consolidated statements, and various other accounting statements and reports
Analyzes financial reports, making studies or recommendations relative to the accounting for reserves, assets, expenditures, revenues, etc.
Performs complex financial analysis. Analyze and evaluate the company's operating results and financial position. Analyze options for company improvement on expenses. Prepare product line profitability analysis.
Leads in coordination of accounting matters with other departments, locations, and plant
Serves as resource for management in effecting efficiency and cost improvements
Serves as Subject Matter Expert for local facility in application of RR Donnelley finance practices
Functions as team lead within the department and on inter-departmental task forces
Identifies and frequently implements ideas or practices for improved efficiency and/or accuracy
Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.1) Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role with 5-7 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
2) Able to apply broad work experience and knowledge when analyzing complex problems. Must be able consistently identify critical elements, variables and alternatives to develop solutions.
3) Must be able to organize/prioritize existing resources and incorporate new information, as needed, to implement the most effective solutions.
4) Able to communicate clearly and courteously with those who need to know of decisions/actions/problems. Able to apply excellent business acumen and collaborative skills when resolving problems.
5) Excellent technical knowledge of budgeting, cash management and financial analysis processes, including forecasting and financial modeling.
6) Must be able to work with senior level management throughout company to analyzing financial situations and make recommendations.
7) Able to apply excellent functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows, MAC, or other technical tools in completing assignments. Able to apply expertise in all the tools or applications used to complete work assignments. Able to mentor junior level team members in the use of tools and/or systems in the position.
8) Requires excellent communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand. Able to explain programs policies and procedures in language that is understood by others.
9) Must be able to modify communication style both formal and informal to match the appropriate level of the audience targeted.
10) Requires strong understanding of the impact of a message on the organization or customer.
11) Able to write with the clarity and precision necessary for the work being performed.
12) CPA is preferred.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer